Part 12

"So it was just a really aggressive bar fight?" Sebin asked in disbelief as she watched the other sip on his hangover soup

"So it was just a really aggressive bar fight?" Sebin asked in disbelief as she watched the other sip on his hangover soup. He just nodded, making her pout her lips. "Aww, I thought it was going to be more interesting, like a gang fight or something."

Jaehyun got choked up and began violently coughing in an attempt to clear his airways.

"Hey, are you okay?" The girl panicked as she got up from her chair and ran up to him. She began patting him on the back and that somehow seemed to help since he could finally breathe again.

"Jesus Christ, calm down with the food." Sebin exclaimed before going to sit back on her chair on the other side of the wooden table.

"Why are you so casual with me? I'm older than you." Jaehyun asked with squirmed eyes. The girl rolled her eyes.

"Do you prefer for me to call you 'oppa' or something?" She cringed.

"Sounds nice." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Op- nah in your dreams." She smiled sarcastically. "Come back when you're mature enough to not come to my apartment all bloodied up."

"They attacked me first though!" Jaehyun whined defensively. 

"Didn't ask." Sebin shrugged carelessly and she stood up to put away her already empty plate.

The boy watched her demeanor carefully as she went over to the kitchen and began washing her dirty dishes in the sink. She had pulled back her long, black, wavy hair into a ponytail which jumped around each step she took. There was a pair of glasses on her nose, and she had told him about how contacts suck and she only wears then when she goes out. Unlike all of the serious or party attire he's seen her wear, she was wearing a huge, gray hoodie paired with some black sweatpants. What amused him the most were her slippers which illustrated the white bear from 'We bare bears'. 

"Cute." Jaehyun muttered to himself.

"What?" Sebin hummed, looking back at him. Slightly flustered, the boy blinked a couple of times.

"Nothing." He said dismissively, turning back to his soup. 

Suddenly, his ringtone sounded through the entire room and Jaehyun's head snapped towards the living room area. His phone was on the coffee table and upon realizing that he'd probably missed hundreds of calls, he lunged in that direction. He was filled with nerves as he read "TY Track" on it. And then with a deep breath, he accepted it and put it up against his ear.

"HEY, YOU PUNK!"

Jaehyun had to abruptly pull away the phone from his ear, the yell literally damaging his ear drums. He then slowly put it back.

"You better have a good fucking reason as to why Yuta can't even leave you by yourself for an hour because you run away and don't answer your phone for hours." The ranting was merciless and Jaehyun put a finger against his temple, rubbing it.

"Sorry. I had a little bit of a situation." He said quietly, knowing that he definitely did not want Sebin to hear the situation that was going to ensue.

"Haeun almost went to the Golden Snakes' headquarters to look for you because we thought they kidnapped you again!" Taeyong continued on the other line.

"Don't act like you can't track my p-" Jaehyun began, getting slightly irritated when Sebin walked into the room.

"Oh, you're on the phone?" She asked innocently and the boy immediately raised a finger to his lips, begging her to be quiet. Yet Taeyong's great hearing managed to capture her.

"Who's that girl?"

"Ah, I managed to get to my mother's house!" He chuckled nervously as he stared down Sebin. She pursed her lips together and went towards the small table yet again to collect his dirty dishes.

"Oh, really? How'd you get there? She lives across town." 

"I don't know. I just woke up here." Jaehyun continued his lies in an attempt to sound convincing. There was a short silence on the other line before Taeyong continued again.

"Do you need anyone to pick you up?"

"Nonono, that's fine. I'll take a bus and go back to-" he glanced over to Sebin who was eyeing him carefully. "-our apartment. Yeah."

"Okay then..." Taeyong trailed off, not sounding too convinced. 

"Be quick."

And then he hung up.

Jaehyun let out a sigh of relief as he put down the phone and fell down on the couch. But then he remembered Taeyong's last words to him and he hurriedly jumped up, heading for the door.

"Hey, where are you going?!" Sebin yelled out after him and ran after him to the small front hall of the apartment.

"I need to go back so I can go to work." Jaehyun explained hurriedly, grabbing his shoes.

"But you still have a fever! You shouldn't be outside in the cold with just a t-shirt!" The girl continued protesting, yet was ignored by him. Jaehyun then got up and pushed down the door handle, yet a small hand shot out and pushed the door, making it shut again.

The boy turned around to find her glaring up at him. Sebin was quite tall for a Seoul woman, standing at 167cm tall, yet Jaehyun was still significantly taller, so the position she tried to intimidate him with did not work too well.

"You're still sick. How can you still go to work?! Get someone to pick you up or something." She growled out, not sounding so nice anymore. Sebin may usually act carefree, but she had always been very caring of other people health.

Jaehyun stared down at her, knowing that she wouldn't let him go. That's why he resorted to the next best thing. 

The girl gasped as his hands gripped onto her waist and he turned them both around, her back smashing against door. He leaned his elbow against the wood right by her head, making barely any space between their faces. Sebin could feel his warm breath on her skin as he stared down at her. He tilted his head, a cocky smirk making its way up to his lips.

"No girl has ever told me what to do. And none will."

He stared at her surprised expression for a few seconds before pulling away. He then opened the door, throwing the girl to the side and swiftly slipped out of the apartment.

Thinking how there's immediate relationship development in my more recent books, yet it took like 20 chapters for HaeSung to even touch, smh