Part 18

Jaehyun was outside of Johnny and Doyoung's door, leaning against the marble wall

Jaehyun was outside of Johnny and Doyoung's door, leaning against the marble wall. He could hear the muffled voices from inside, and thankfully no protesting screams, yet he still felt guilty and was generally not in a good mood.

Finally, the door opened and he pushed himself off of the wall and came face to face with Sebin. She was wearing a basic hospital gown that they had here in the base. There was a white band aid wrapped around her head, covering the bloody wound on her forehead that she had gotten earlier. Her hair was a complete messy, strands of it going in all directions and she seemed extremely pale. Her slightly bloodshot eyes and the dark bags under them just added to how stressed she looked.

Sebin stared at him right in the eye, obviously not so pleased.

"I think you have a lot of explaining to do." Her voice was hoarse and she sounded tired. Jaehyun sighed and nodded.

He led her through the mainly empty hallways of the mansion and up towards his room. The unusual awkward silence between them bothered them both as they had easily gotten comfortable with each other before, but now they acted like complete strangers.

Well, Sebin really thought they were complete strangers. He had told so many lies about his life to her that she doubted that his name is even Jung Jaehyun.

As he opened a door down the long hallway, they entered his bedroom.

The theme of it was modern black. To her left, there was a giant flat screen TV on the wall and in front of it a couch along with a coffee table. The giant windows at the other end were covered with blinds, letting barely any natural light in. His comfortable looking double bed did not have a frame and it was coated with gray sheets. Then, there were 2 giant glass panes forming a different room on its own. It was a classy looking closet, which you could enter through an opening in the glass. Inside was also another door that led to the bathroom.

Sebin was slightly stunned, having had no idea that Jaehyun lived in such luxury. She felt slightly embarrassed at the fact that he had slept over at her shabby apartment while these were his usual surroundings.

But that didn't distract her for too long as Jaehyun pointed towards the couch, signaling for her to sit down. He himself walked over to a cupboard which had a coffee machine on it.

"What coffee would you like?" He asked emotionlessly, barely glancing at her.

"A latte." Sebin also replied shortly.

Jaehyun nodded and soon enough, he brought two cups and placed them on the coffee table in front of the couch, then sat down on the complete other side, as far from her as possible.

Sebin took her cup, the heat warming up her skin. It smelled amazing too.

But she kept staring at him with hard eyes. "You can begin." She ordered.

Jaehyun sighed. "As you have probably figured out, I'm a part of a gang. NCT to be exact."

Sebin hummed while nodding.

"We met because of the motorbike incident for the first time. By now you must have guessed that I was running away from something or someone." He looked over at the flat screen TV, probably seeing his own reflection staring back at him. "And then we kept on meeting. But I never intended to drag you into this, it was always a coincidence. Then somehow, another gang found out about you and probably thought that we're closer than we are, therefore tried to go after you to gain an advantage over NCT." 

The girl was silent, taking in all of the new information she was learning. 

"So the note that you left at the hotel wasn't just like a joke, you were serious?" She asked the quite dumb question, but Jaehyun simply nodded.

Sebin scoffed slightly as this seemed extremely unreal to her. It was quite difficult to process the fact that from now on, she would be in danger for her entire life just because she bumped into a hot guy a couple of times. 

"How did I even get here anyways? I remember being kidnapped by some masked guy. Wait, was that you?!" She began jumping to conclusions staring at him in bewilderment.

Jaehyun cringed. "Why would I even need to kidnap you? I think that if I told you that you were in grave danger, you would've just followed me to safety like any other rational human being. I wouldn't have the need to kidnap you at all."

"Then how did I get here?"

"I was-" Jaehyun pursed his lips together, before deciding to alter his story a little bit. "I was on a walk when I heard a scream. Out of curiosity, I looked for the source of it and came across you and the guy who tried to kidnap you. Then I beat him up and brought you here." He shrugged, taking his cup and sipping on his coffee.

Sebin was silent for a little, letting that seep into her brain. Yet only now, the sudden realization dawned on her and a small panic arose in her.

"How much do you think another gang can find out about me?" She asked, the confidence now gone from her voice.

"Probably everything as long as they have an experienced hacker or enough sources." He explained in between sips. "Why?"

"Could my family be in danger because of this?" The girl looked at him with desperate eyes.

Jaehyun froze just as he was going to take a sip. The hand with the cup slowly lowered as his eyes made their way to Sebin's and he saw the pure terror in them. 

He had actually not thought about this either. A different gang could always use her family against her, therefore against NCT. 

But that wasn't the main problem. Her family could be in real danger.

Jaehyun put the cup down onto the coffee table. "Where does your family live?" He asked cautiously, his voice softer.

"My parents and little brother live in a small town by the sea." Sebin gulped, remembering her family which she hadn't seen or even contacted for a long time.

She wish she had.

Jaehyun sat there in silence, before a sigh escaped his lips. He watched as the girl hunched over and buried her face into her palms.

 He watched as the girl hunched over and buried her face into her palms

Idk why but this is the easiest book to write for me