Part 70

"Lee Chungho? Miyeong's son?"

"Yes mom." Sebin hummed as she placed yet another piece of kimchi in her mouth.

"He's grown into a fine young man, hasn't he?" Sebin's mother let out a breathy laugh. "Honestly I thought you'd two make a good pair back when you were in school."

The comment made the girl blush slightly at the memory, but the conversation about Chungho was cut short by her brother sitting beside her.

"Seriously mom, do we have to talk about Sebin's love life over dinner?" Sunghoon whined as he put down his chopsticks.

"Oh shut up, let your mother gossip." She retorted. "Our family hasn't been all-together for so long now, we should enjoy it!"

"Let's change the topic, shall we?" Sebin's father interfered with a warm smile. "Sebin, how's the job?"

"Uhm..." Sebin cleared her throat awkwardly, remembering that she hadn't told her parents about quitting her job. But instead of coming clean, she decided to lie for the sake of their worry. "It's going great! I might be getting a promotion soon."

"That's my girl." The man exclaimed proudly. "I wish Sunghoon would become as hardworking as you are, Sebin. All he does is go to the arcade with his friends."

"What do you mean?" The comment immediately fired up Sunghoon. "My grades are perfectly fine, why are you complaining??"

"Straight Bs aren't fine if you're going to Seoul like you wanted." Their mother commented.

"Whatever, I'll just go to Busan or somewhere else there." The teenage boy huffed as he sat back in his seat.

And despite the lecture that ensued, Sebin couldn't help but smile. The many years apart from her family made her realize the happiness and warmth she felt whenever she was with them. No matter what, this is what home truly felt like, and the girl couldn't get enough of it. That's why she decided to stay quiet and observe her family as they talked and talked until the late night.

-->

As the night progressed into its later stages, Sebin couldn't sleep. She laid in her bed, looking up at the blank ceiling.

Her room was rather large, with a big window looking out into their backyard and the grass hills beyond it. The color scheme was a mix of light purple, blue and white, something that she definitely wouldn't chose currently. But somehow, it brought comfort and memories back to her. Like those of endless hangouts, sleepovers, and even her first time sleeping with a guy in this very room.

She sighed, turning over to the side and glancing at the ancient alarm clock on her bedside table, noting the 3:08 written on it.

Although she felt at peace, her thoughts always somehow ended up at someone she wanted to forget. Someone whom she'd loved so dearly that she threw away her entire life for him, only to get devastatingly heartbroken and driven into an arc of sadness and insecurity.

It was still painful, honestly.

Sebin felt used. She reminisced of the dynamic between the two before their fiery romance had officially begun- the way that he had been the man of the town, always getting with girls and only using them for sex and never contacting them again. Of the way that he had only begun their relationship in spite after seeing her with another guy. And of course, the fact that she had fallen so deep into his trap that without him she felt empty and broken.

With an annoyed grunt, she slowly got up, rubbing her eyes before looking out the window outside.

What an absolute idiot she'd been. All of her life she gave up for him, only to become yet another distraction for him. Oh she was beyond idiocity- she was another level of stupid and reckless and dumb.

But there was honestly no point in getting angry now. Because no matter how hurt she felt, it wouldn't change the fact that their relationship is over. That their breakup would open new doors for her, and she'd use this chance to regain her feeling of self and destroy the dependence she had on someone like him in her life.

And unlike him, she wouldn't just sleep around with other men to try to get over this feeling. No-she'd actually properly get her shit together. Probably by finding a job first. Or moving to a new part of Seoul, or even elsewhere. Sebin didn't care, she won't let herself be held down by something so insignificant.

And as she encouraged herself in the silence of the night, she eventually managed to lull herself back to sleep by 3:15 AM.