Part 19

It took a lot of convincing for Jaehyun to actually calm Sebin down

He was never good at comforting or assuring people as he had never needed to before. He always lived life for the thrill of it and rarely came across situations such as this one.

He had gone to sleep on the couch in the living room, too uncomfortable to stay in his bedroom with the girl while not being able to lay in his own bed.

Sebin on the other hand could barely even get a wink of sleep. She kept tossing and turning and out of the hours that she had spent in bed, she slept for maybe 2.

The Saturday afternoon was gloomy and the girl woke up to the sound of light rain drumming on the window. Rain had always been her favorite weather and always managed to put her at ease whenever her mind was overloaded.

She stayed in the extremely comfortable and warm bed for another few minutes, before her stomach growled in protest.

'Right, I need to at least eat something.' Sebin thought with a small sigh as she threw off the gray sheets and sat at the edge of the bed.

Then there was a soft knock on the door and the girl was slightly taken aback, before she cleared her throat.

"Come in!" She exclaimed, her morning voice still being raspy and deeper than usual.

In walked Jaehyun, dressed in a huge t-shirt paired with gray sweatpants and black slippers. His dirty blonde hair was still partially wet and stuck out in all possible directions, but somehow he made the messy look work.

He closed the door behind him before walking up to the bed where she sat.

"Here." He said shortly, placing down the stack of clothes on the sheets beside her. He then placed down a pair of white slippers at her feet.

"What are these?" Sebin asked, going through the materials she had received.

"Haeun offered you some of her clothes, but she's shorter than you so some might not fit." Jaehyun explained.

The girl looked through the sizes written on the small tags and hummed.

"Some might not."

There was a short silence as Jaehyun stared down at her as she stopped all actions. Sebin then looked up at him with a slight smirk.

"This is the part where you should be offering me your clothes."

The suddenly humorous comment made Jaehyun chuckle slightly, seeing as her mood had gotten slightly better.

"I should go take a shower, I stink." The girl scrunched up her nose before standing up and grabbing the clothes. "Thanks for the t-shirts in advance by the way." She exclaimed cheekily before taking off towards the bathroom.

After freshening up and putting on one of Jaehyun's black hoodies, the only thing that fit from the stack were some black shorts and the slippers she had been offered, Sebin was finally ready to go. A towel was thrown over her shoulders to prevent the water dripping from her washed hair to seep into the fabric of her clothes.

As the two walked down the second floor hallway, they could soon hear the commotion downstairs.

"Oh, right, can I meet Haeun? I need to say thank you." Sebin grabbed onto Jaehyun's arm to stop him.

The boy looked down at where they were touching and Sebin immediately realized that, awkwardly bringing her hand back.

"She's not here right now. She said she had to take care of some important business." Jaehyun shrugged, before turning again and continuing to walk down the stairs.

Sebin hurriedly followed, not struggling too much to keep up with his pace as they made their way towards the noise.

"Who is she by the way?" The girl asked curiously, looking up at him. "Is she perhaps your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" A voice asked from behind them and Sebin literally jumped and turned around instantly.

There stood a shorter boy, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his shorts. He let out a breathy chuckle.

"Jaehyun getting a proper girlfriend would make national news." The stranger exclaimed amused.

He then noticed Sebin's confused expression and then proceeded to introduce himself. "I'm Ten by the way, nice to meet you."

"I'm Choi Sebin." The girl looked over towards Jaehyun warily before her eyes fixed back on Ten. "Nice to meet you too."

The happy boy passed her by and disappeared into the open doors of the room that they were all headed to. Sebin looked towards Jaehyun in question.

"His name is Ten?" She asked in disbelief. The boy chuckled.

"Nah, that's his nickname."

"Why don't people call him by his real name?" Sebin continued asking.

"See for yourself." Jaehyun smiled as he took out his phone. He then proceeded to click a few buttons before turning the screen towards her.

Sebin blinked a couple of times, reading the long ass name displayed on there.

"You can always give it a try." Jaehyun suggested while raising an eyebrow.

"Uhh, thanks, I think I'll stick to Ten." The girl smiled awkwardly as she leaned away from the phone.

Jaehyun put the device back into his pocket before looking behind him at the doors to the living room. He could tell that Sebin had been really nervous about meeting an entire gang at once.

"They're nice people." He blurted out, not knowing what else to say.

"I hope so." The girl muttered under her breath, her tone still full of unsureness. 

And then they both made their way in.

I guess this is a fill chapter bc I had planned to introduce the rest of the members in this one, but by the time I realized it, I already had like 900 words sooooo