Chapter 5

I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of it's characters

TW: ED, self harm

Meredith wakes up and sees she is in a hospital bed. She starts to panic which makes the monitor she's attached to start to freak out.

Dr. Bailey is at the nurses station and sees Meredith's monitors going off. She rushes into Meredith's room to check on her.

"I can't be here... no...no. I need this out" Meredith says to her herself about her iv that is attached to her. Too many calories, it's gonna make me even fatter" she says sobbing and her hand goes to her other arm and proceeds to tip the iv out.

"Meredith! Calm down! That needs to stay in" Bailey says, trying to calm her panicking intern.

"But there's too many calories in it" she wails. "It'll make me fat."

"Meredith, shh. There are no calories in that. It's just fluids sweetie. You're extremely dehydrated which is why you passed out."

Meredith just continues to cry. "I want to go home" she says and starts to get out of her bed but Bailey gently pushes her back down.

"No sweetie, we need to hydrate you. We are all very concerned about you. Have you been eating?"

"Yes of course I have. I ate earlier today, I just forgot to drink anything today" Meredith lied.

"Don't lie to me Meredith" Bailey says eyeing the intern. "I think we both know what the truth is. Plus I could very easily bring you over to the scale and get your weight"

"No!!!" Meredith says panicking. Her eyes are wide and she looks like she will run out of the room at any moment.

"Lay down, I'm not going to weigh you. But you need to promise me you'll eat. We can't have you passing out or losing more weight. I can tell you've lost weight and you cannot lose more, you were already tiny even before you started losing weight."

"Really?" Meredith said with a smile. She liked that someone thought she looked smaller.

All of a sudden Derek rushed into the room. "I'm sorry, I just got out of surgery! Are you okay? Is she okay?"

"Derek calm down. She'll be okay as long as she eats" Bailey says staring at Meredith. "I just want this bag of fluids plus one more in her and once that's done I'll discharge her. Also you might want to watch her to make sure she doesn't pull out her iv. She's already pulled it out once and I've already had to reinsert her iv back into her. Plus I see that she keeps eyeing it. Yes I see you looking at it Grey. I know you're trying to figure out when to pull it out again."

Derek looked at Meredith when Bailey said that and she instantly burst into tears again.

"I'm sorry" she wailed. "I just don't want to get fat" Meredith cried.

The other two doctors looked at each other both thinking the same thing: that Meredith is getting a lot worse and isn't even bothering to hide that fact now.

A few hours later once both bags of fluids were in her Meredith was discharged and went back to her house with Derek.

Let me know if you liked it and if you have any ideas for me!