Chapter 1

I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of the characters
TW: ED,SH, depression, suicide

Meredith slowly pushed the covers off of her tired body and silently crept out of her and Derek's bed. She quietly pulled on a pair of leggings and a T-shirt while being careful not to aggravate any recent cuts on her body. Since she is the only one up she doesn't care about covering up her cuts on her wrist. She grabbed her sneakers and quietly left the room without Derek waking up.

She's been secretly waking up early to go exercise for the past few months. It started out as a way to get more exercise into her daily life before work but quickly turned obsessive with her having to run more and more miles every morning. She is currently up to six miles every morning. Running this much on top of her busy work schedule makes her exhausted all of the time. And of course not eating makes her feel even more tired.

As Meredith ran, her thoughts soon got the best of her and started telling her horrible things about herself. "You're so fat, how can Derek stand to look at you? You don't deserve food, you haven't lost enough weight this week. You need to cut out more food from your diet." That of course is really hard to do at this point considering how little she is currently eating. When she has to eat to not draw any unwanted attention to herself, she'll just make a quick excuse to leave and go and make herself throw it up.

After she finished her run, Meredith quietly made her way into her house and into the bathroom. After she showered, she wrapped a towel around her tiny body and went into her room. Derek was in there getting ready for the day.

"Morning Mer!" Derek said when she came into the room. "I missed you this morning, I glanced over and you weren't in your spot"

"Sorry I just wanted to look over some case notes this morning in the kitchen. This big case has been bugging me all night" Meredith lied. The truth was she didn't want to get up that morning because she was so tired but made herself get up and go run anyways. She usually gets back into bed with Derek after she showers but she was running late this morning.

"Did you have breakfast when you were in the kitchen?" Derek recently has noticed that Meredith has lost quite a bit of weight recently. He hasn't known how to bring it up to her though. He's been starting to get worried about her recently. He could tell she's lost weight and is constantly pale. "Have you been feeling okay lately Mer, you've been looking pale recently" Derek said with a worried expression on his face.

"I'm fine! And I had a breakfast bar while I was downstairs looking over my case. "

"You sure you're okay? I'm starting to get worried about you Mer. You look like you've lost weight"

"Derek, I'm fine! I'm probably just anemic or something but that's an easy fix! And I've just been stressed with some big cases but it's all good. I'm fine! Anyways I have to head to the hospital now, I'm late for rounds" Meredith gave Derek a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door.

Derek sighs and takes out his phone. He calls Miranda Bailey. "Hey Bailey, I need a favor, can you keep an eye out on Meredith? I'm worried about her"

I hope you like it so far! Don't forget to
vote and leave a review! And if you have a suggestion let me know!