Ch 12

I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of the characters

TW: ED,SH

It is now one week later and Meredith is still not eating. Every time meals come she refuses to eat it and just stares sullenly at the wall. There is always someone in her room during meal times to make sure that she doesn't hide the food.

Bailey pages Derek to a conference room. She needs to talk to him about Meredith. Meredith's weight is becoming more and more unsafe.

"Hey Bailey, is she okay?" Derek asks her the second he gets into the room.

Bailey sighs, "Derek there's no change in her. She's still refusing to eat. She just lays in bed all sullenly. Her weight just keeps going down as well as her stats.

"That's not good! She needs to eat! Why won't she eat something! Her body can't take this much longer!"

"That's why I wanted to talk to you today. Meredith has been on bedrest since she was admitted but she's not being compliant. Nurses keep catching her exercising during the night when her heart rate monitor goes off. I'm going to try to talk to her about that later."

"She's still trying to exercise?? That's not helping her" he said.

"No, it's not. So I am going to weigh her again today. It's extremely hard for her whenever she is weighed. She always sobs and it takes a while for her to get onto the scale. Her weight will have dropped more since the last time she was weighed since she's still refusing to eat. Which is why I wanted to get your permission to give her a feeding tube. She won't be happy but it needs to be done for her own sake."

"Go for it. You have my permission." Derek said.

Bailey walks over to Meredith's room and sees that she isn't in her bed. She's about to alert a nurse when she hears a sound coming from the other side of the bed. She walks over and sees Meredith doing sit-ups. She's about to say something to her when Meredith's heart rate monitor goes off.

"Meredith, come on sweetie. Let's get you back to bed. Bailey decides against scolding her intern since her monitor went off. Meredith starts to cry because she got caught exercising again.

After a few minutes of making sure she is ok, Bailey says "Meredith I will be right back." Bailey comes back with a wheelchair.

"Where are we going?" Meredith questions.

"You'll find out when we get there sweetie" Bailey didn't want to tell her because then she wouldn't be able to get Meredith into the wheelchair.

Bailey pushes Meredith down the hallway and they go into an exam room. "Can you hop onto the scale for me please Mer?"

"No I don't want you to weigh me!!!"

"Meredith we need to know your weight"

"No"

After a little while Bailey gets her sobbing intern onto the scale. Meredith tries to go onto it face first but Bailey tells her backwards which makes her cry harder. She just wants to see how much she weighs and hates that they won't let her. During this entire process Meredith is crying hysterically. She thinks that Bailey will see her as fat. Bailey sees her weight and knows that they need to get her on an NG immediately. She is really worried about Meredith because her weight has dropped even lower. She is now even more underweight than when she was when she was admitted.

They go back to her room and Bailey helps her back into her bed. She hooks her back up to everything. She tells Meredith she'll be back later. Meredith nods and closes her eyes to go to sleep.

Bailey decides to tell Meredith about the NG tube later since she is already so distressed.

I hope you like it!