Chapter 8

I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of it's characters.

TW: ED, SH

It's now Monday and Meredith is back at work. Meredith goes into the locker room to change into her scrubs. They are even looser on her now than they were a few days ago.

Derek goes off to find Bailey and locates her in the pit. "Hey Bailey, can we talk about Meredith now? I'm really worried about her."

"Sure, let's go find a quiet space to talk. How is Meredith doing?" Bailey asks as they walk down the hallway.

"Not great. She stayed in her room the past few days and never left it. Every time I went to check on her she was sleeping, she only ate one small item a day."

"I'm guessing her weight has dropped more. She sounds like she is really depressed. I wish we got her weight the other day. I can tell she's getting worse based on what you're telling me" Bailey said.

"I want to weigh her but I know she'll freak out. I'm just going to continue to keep an eye on her." Derek told Bailey.

Meanwhile Meredith is in the pit suturing up a deep cut on a patient. She feels really weak and dizzy but she just ignores it. She notices her hands are shaking due to low blood sugar. She finishes suturing and goes and finds an empty on call room, she sits for a few minutes to let the weakness pass.

While in the on call room a voice in her head tells her to take advantage of being by herself and to exercise for a while.

Bailey is back in the pit and sees all of her interns except Meredith. "Karev where's Meredith?" She asks Alex worriedly.

"I'm not sure. I saw her walk off a little while ago. She looked pretty pale. I'm not sure where she went" Alex told Bailey.

"How long ago was that?"

"Uhhhh about 30-45 minutes ago" Alex said.

"Crap,crap, crap" Bailey thinks to herself. She goes off to look for Meredith. She checks the supply closets and the on call rooms.

Meredith had forgotten to lock the door to the on call room she was in when all of a sudden the door opens and she sees that it's Bailey.

"Grey why aren't you in the pit? Why are you exercising? One, you need to be working and two, you should not be exercising, you've already passed out once and are losing so much weight"

"Sorry" Meredith says as she attempts to stop the tears from rolling down her face.

Bailey knows they have a bigger problem on their hands than they thought. Who would've thought that Meredith Grey would sneak away to exercise while working?

I hope you liked this chapter! I've been really anxious all day so I'm glad I was able to get a chapter in today.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!