Chapter 33

TW: ED, SH, SUICIDE

Bailey leaves Meredith's room after making sure she is stable and heads downstairs to find Cristina and Derek. She really doesn't want to tell them but she has no choice.

She sees that Derek is currently in surgery so she pages Shadow Shepherd to take over. Bailey enters Derek's OR and puts a mask over the mouth and nose.

"Derek, Nelson is going to take over for you. You need to come with me."

"Bailey, I'm in the middle of surgery. Whatever it is can wait." Derek says to Bailey.

"Derek. It can't wait. It's Meredith."

Derek stops what he's doing. "Is she okay???"

"I need you to come with me"

Derek is getting very nervous as Bailey is avoiding answering his question. He leaves the OR and let's Shadow Shepherd take over.

"We just need to grab Cristina and then we'll talk."

"Wait why do we need Cristina? Is Meredith okay?" Bailey ignores his question and continues walking to the pit. "Bailey! Answer my question!"

"Shepherd hush! You'll find out in due time." Bailey spies Cristina and tells her to come with them.

"What's going on?" Cristina asks.

Bailey ignores her as well and leads them to a conference room. "Take a seat." She tells both of them.

"Bailey this is ridiculous! You need to tell me if Meredith is okay!" Derek yells!

"Wait what's going on with Meredith?" Cristina asks.

Bailey looks at both of them and clears her throat. "I have to tell you both something. Ellis Grey came to visit Meredith today and said some things to her and really upset Meredith. Meredith ended up being extremely distressed and unhooked herself from all of her monitors and IV's. She ran to a supply closet sobbing. I'm very sorry to say this but Meredith tried to commit suicide. She's..." Bailey starts to say she's stable but gets interrupted by Derek.

"Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay. Do not tell me she killed herself." Derek said sobbing.

"Is my person okay? Is she alive?" Cristina says with tears running down her face.

"If you two hadn't interrupted me I was going to tell you that she is stable. We were able to stop the bleeding. Her heart stopped and she flatlined but we were able to bring her back."

"Meredith... oh Meredith." Derek said sobbing.

"Why can't she get better? Why is she doing this? I need her to be okay again. I need my person." Cristina says.

"Can we see her?" Derek asks.

"Yes. I'll take you up there." Bailey takes them up to psych and they get to Meredith's door. "I don't know what state she's going to be in at the moment. She says she's going to start trying but I just don't know."

They enter the room and see Meredith laying in her bed asleep. They see her wrists wrapped up in gauze. Derek has tears running down his face. Meredith opens her eyes as she heard talking. "Hi" she says softly.

"Hey sweetie" Derek says. "How are you feeling?" Meredith shrugs. "I love you." He tells her. "I love you too."

"I know you're all dark and twisty but don't you dare do that ever again Meredith! I won't be able to survive without you! I need my person!" Cristina says.

"I'm sorry." Meredith says looking away from them. She has a few tears running down her face. "Will you lay with me Cristina?"

"Of course I will." Cristina gets into Meredith's bed and holds onto Meredith and lets her cry. "I'm sorry guys."

I hope you liked it!