Chapter 14

I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of its characters

TW: ED, SH

Bailey wakes up in an on call room that same day. "Well I guess my dream is telling me that I can't put off talking to Meredith any longer." she thinks to herself.

She gets up and leaves the on call room. Her pager goes off and she sees it's from Derek wondering if she spoke to Meredith yet. She texts him saying that she is on her way to go talk to Meredith now.

She gets to Meredith's room and sees the intern sleeping. Before she wakes her up she checks Meredith's vitals and how much fluid is left in her iv bag.

"Mer, sweetie wake up."

"Leave me alone. I wanna sleep" Meredith mumbles sleepily.

"After we talk you can go back to sleep."

"Fine" Meredith says and slowly opens her eyes.

Before coming into Meredith's room Bailey had spoken to the nurse at the nursing station telling her she is going to talk to Meredith about her getting an NG tube. She told the nurse to prepare the supplies and she would page her when she is ready for her to come in.

"Mer, you are still refusing to eat and your weight keeps going down a lot. You now are at an even lower weight then when you were admitted so..."

"Good" Meredith interrupts. "That's a good thing. My weight needs to go down. I'm fat and everyone knows it."

"You are not fat Meredith! I wish I knew why you thought that about yourself." Bailey feels devastated that her intern feels this badly about her body.

All of a sudden the door to Meredith's room opens and a nurse walks in rolling a cart with medical supplies on it.

"I told you I would page you when we were ready for that! OUT!" Bailey yelled at the nurse.

"W-w-what's that?" Meredith said her eyes wide open looking terrified. "What's that for?"

"Mer, honey, I'm sorry but like I said you are refusing to eat and you are losing too much weight. We have no choice but to give you an NG tube" Bailey said to her scared intern.

"No please no. No no no no no" Meredith says sobbing. "Too many calories please no."

"Meredith I'm sorry but you don't have a choice in this. Derek gave his permission for this. We're really worried about your health sweetie."

Bailey tries to calm her terrified intern but fails. At this point Meredith isn't paying Bailey any attention. She's sobbing and terrified of the weight gain and can't focus on anything else. Bailey knows they just need to get this over with.

"Meredith I'm going to go get that nurse and then we're going to start. I'm so sorry Meredith, I know this isn't what you want." Bailey says to her. She leaves to go get the nurse and they come back a minute later with the medical supplies.

"Ok Meredith we're going to start."

"Noooooooooo" Meredith says sobbing and covers her nose.

Bailey gently pulls Meredith's hands away from her face and holds onto them. At this point Meredith is sobbing so loudly the entire hallway can hear her. Bailey had the nurse hold onto Meredith's hands and gets ready to put the tube in Meredith's nose. Meredith is doing everything in her power to not let this happen and won't let Bailey put it in. She keeps moving her head.

"Stop! I don't want it!" She sobs. "You're going to make me fat" she yells.

"You're okay, you're okay. Try to relax for me Mer" Bailey says trying to calm her down. She pages Cristina to come help and she gets there in minutes.

"Mer, it's okay. You won't get fat. Let Bailey do this. Shhhh, you're ok." Cristina says trying to calm her person down. Meredith hides her face in Cristina's body and sobs. Cristina rubs Meredith's back.

After a few minutes Cristina says to Meredith "Sit up for me real quick. I'm going to sit behind you and hold onto you." She gets behind her and rubs Meredith's head to calm her. Cristina nods at Bailey to try again. She holds onto Meredith to calm her down and although she is sobbing Bailey finally is successful on getting the NG tube inside of Meredith. She checks to make sure it's in the right location and then tapes the part of the tube to Meredith's cheek. She puts the bag full of nutrients on Meredith's iv stand and connects it to her NG tube.

Cristina moves so she's laying in bed next to Meredith and just holds her. Eventually Meredith cries herself to sleep.