Chapter 28

I don't own grey's or it's characters

TW: ED, SH

The next day Bailey went to Meredith's room to check on her and see how her vitals are. She walked in and saw Meredith laying in bed and just staring at the wall.

"Good morning Meredith! How are we doing  today?" No response from Meredith.

"Meredith, are you okay?" Still no response. Bailey was starting to get a little nervous because of Meredith not responding at all. She snapped her fingers in front of Meredith's face to see if that would get any kind of response from her. Still, nothing happened.

Bailey decided that she'll just monitor her and see if she starts responding later. She's worried that Meredith is in a catatonic state. Her gut is telling her that she is but she doesn't want to admit it to herself yet.

After doing everything that she needs to do, Bailey tries one more time to get Meredith's attention but has no luck. She sighs and leaves the room. She writes all of this down In Meredith's chart. She decides to just monitor Meredith's condition.

Bailey goes down to the pit and sees some of Meredith's friend. Or rather they see her and run up to her.

"Dr. Bailey! How's Meredith!" Cristina asks.

"She's not doing well. We had to restrain her a few days ago because she wouldn't stop exercising. I was just checking on her and she wasn't responding at all. She was just laying in bed and staring at the wall."

"Omg" April says. "She'll be okay though? Right? Please tell me she'll be okay. Poor Meredith."

"Kepner can you shut up? No one knows how or when  Meredith is going to get better. And now she's not talking. So just shut up." Cristina says to April.

________________________________

Later on that day Bailey pages Cristina to Meredith's room. She wants to see if Cristina will be able to get through to Meredith. She is Meredith's person of course. If anyone can get through to her it's Cristina, the other half of the twisted sister.

Cristina gets to Meredith's room a few minutes later and comes inside the room. She's in shock when she sees Meredith. She hasn't seen her in a while and Meredith is even smaller than the last time she saw her. Plus she has restraints on her wrists. She doesn't like that Meredith is just staring at the wall. That really concerns her.

"Bailey... is she okay?"

"Does it look like she's okay?" She snaps at Cristina. "Meredith, sweetie look who's here to see you. Wanna say hi?"

No response from Meredith. Cristina looks at Bailey in terror. Cristina decides to try next. She tells Meredith a story of something stupid that Alex did, hoping it would get a laugh or some kind of response from her but Meredith still doesn't respond. It's like she doesn't even hear them talking to her.

Cristina tries for a while longer to get her person to talk to her but after a while she realizes that it's just not going to happen right now. "Does Derek know she's like this?"

"No, we haven't told him yet. I was giving her some time to start responding. Nurses wrote in her chart today that she didn't eat any of her meal plan today. Not even one bite. She just stared at the wall instead. I talked to Dr Wyatt and we decided that if she is still like this 48 hours from now we will talk to Derek. I don't want to concern him more than he already is."

"At least she's getting some nutrients in her system" Cristina says sighing.

Meredith closes her eyes and allows herself to fall asleep.