Chapter 49

A/n:

Hello! I just wanted to say that if you're reading this and get confused why the guardian shinobi 12 part is over, it's because i made a big timeskip. As i mentioned before in one of my chapters, there will be many timeskips in this book and this part had a big one because i didn't want to write about it and i didn't think it had to be written, so uh, ye 😄.

___________________________________________________________

*second person p.o.v.*

You were cutting an apple for Sai. You cut it into pieces and handed the plate to Sai. "Thank you, Y/n." Said Sai who ate a piece. "Yeah, no problem. Just don't sneak out of the hospital again." You mumbled putting the knife away. "Hey, Y/n. A note fell out of your pocket....what is it?" Sakura said picking it up. The note from Sasuke opened and Sakura read it. "Oh. It's a note from Sasuke. When did you get it?" Sakura asked handing the note back. You sighed and ran a hand through your hair. "When we saw Sasuke...and fought with him, remember when captain Yamato put me inside a wooden dome with Sasuke?" You said. "Yeah..what about it?" Sakura asked. "Well, we didn't actually fight. As soon as the dome closed around us, it went dark. He hugged me and apologized for something he was about to do next blah blah blah...i think he slipped the note into my pocket when he hugged me and i didn't find it until i went home after speaking with lady Tsunade." You explained.

"Yeah, makes sense. But i was right. He does love you. Do you love him?" Sakura asked. "Yes, of course i do. I think." You replied. Sai was also listening into the conversation. The hospital door opened to reveal Jiraiya, he had a serious look on his face. "Y/n, there you are. We need to speak. It involves the Akatsuki, we're going on a mission to find where their hideout is. Don't worry though, we won't be fighting. We just need information." Jiraiya said. You stood up. "Alright. I need to go get ready. See you guys later." You waved to Sakura and Sai. They waved back and watched you leave the room. "Meet me at the main gates in 10 minutes." Jiraiya said walking the other direction. "Yeah, i know." You said walking to your house. You opened the door and closed it, going into your room. You grabbed kunai and shuriken, putting into your coat pocket. You grabbed other things you needed and put it into your coat pockets.

You got changed and slid on your trench coat. You looked at the note Sasuke gave you and decided to put it into your coat pocket too, it was too special to you to leave it home. You grabbed your katana and ran out of the house. You strapped it on your hip and ran into Konohamaru and his team. "Hey, big sis!" Konohamaru waved. "Oh, hey, i would love to talk, but i'm in a hurry. I have to go on a mission with master Jiraiya and find intel on the Akatsuki." You quickly explained. "Cool! Well, bye then!" Konohamaru waved again. "Yeah, bye." You said running to the main gates. "She looks so cool." Udon told Konohamaru and Moegi. "Yeah! I hope to be like her one day!" Moegi said. "Okay now, we have to report our mission to lady hokage." Ebisu sensei said walking.

You ran towards Jiraiya who was tapping his foot impatiently. "I said 10 minutes. Not 10 minutes and 58 seconds." Jiraiya said walking. You followed him out of the gates. "Sorry, i ran into Konohamaru and his team. Oh, and why rush?" You said. "I don't know. I just like seeing you get annoyed." Jiraiya shrugged. You slapped his shoulder in annoyance. "Yeah, well you have me annoyed." You say. "Great! Now, let's go!" Jiraiya said marching forward. "Master Jiraiya. Where exactly?" You asked rubbing your forehead. He stopped marching and made an 'O' face in realization. "Oh. Well, whoever we run into, i guess." Jiraiya said marching again. "Yeah, who? The Akatsuki themselves?" You said sarcastically. "Maybe. Who knows? We just need to look for people who might know where the Akatsuki base is located...and once we know, you're going to come fight them with me. I might not be able to and you're really powerful, more than me maybe." Jiraiya shrugged.

After walking around the whole day, nothing. No information was found. "Master Jiraiya, if this whole mission turns out to be a waste of my time, i am going to get lady Tsunade." You said walking into an inn. "No! You can't tell her!" Jiraiya said shaking your shoulders. "I will if we don't find info on the Akatsuki in 2 days time." You said walking up to the guy at the desk. You heard Jiraiya huff from behind you. You walked up to him. "Two rooms please." You said. He glanced up at you and smirked. "I have room for 2 in mine." He flirted. "No thanks. Now, how much is one room?" You asked. "Come on sweetie, you know you wanna." He said. Jiraiya raised an eyebrow. You took out your katana and held it to his neck. "I said, how much will two rooms be? If you don't answer me, i'll gladly cut your head off clean. You're wasting my time. No means no. Learn it, kid." You said sternly. He nodded shakily. "T-two rooms will b-be 60, 30 for one." He stuttered and gulped. You slammed the money down on the table and walked to your room.

"Wow, Y/n. Who knew you could lose your cool so easily?" Jiraiya teased. "Want me to cut your head off too?" You asked stopping. He gulped and backed away. "You can't kill your teacher." He said with his hands up in defence. "Don't worry, i'm only joking. Go head to your room." You said opening the door to your room. "Okay fine, mom." He mumbled sarcastically, walking to his room. You closed your door shut and locked it. You took off your coat and your katana. You got dressed into your pj's and fell onto the bed. You covered yourself in the blanket and fell asleep, not knowing what would happen the next day.

*timeskip*

"Let's go!" Jiraiya said marching forward. You nodded and walked down the path. 30 minutes walking, you felt a presence. You and Jiraiya both stopped walking an kept quiet. "Someone's here." You whispered. Jiraiya looked around. You felt a hand grab you by the neck and pull you away from Jiraiya. "Y/n!" Jiraiya shouted. He was about to run to you, but a voice stopped him. "Don't move." A blue hand stopped Jiraiya. "Kisame and..." You turned behind you to see Itachi. "Itachi." You mumbled. "What do you want?" Jiraiya asked. "I just wanted to have a talk with Y/n. Now that i have finally seen her in person..." Itachi said, his hand still wrapped around your neck while your head leaned back on his shoulder.

___________________________________________________________

(1200 words)