Chapter 51

*second person p.o.v.*

"Sasuke Uchiha has seemed to have killed Orochimaru." Lady Tsunade said. "Is...is that true?" Naruto asked. "There's no mistake about it. I heard it from a reliable source." Jiraiya said. Sakura from beside you started crying. "Then..." She paused. Naruto started smiling an laughing. "Heh! After all, there's no way he'd get killed by Orochimaru! That means Sasuke will be coming back to the hidden leaf, right?!" Naruto said hopefully. "Naruto. Have you forgotten? He wants his revenge on Itachi Uchiha, his older brother. You think he'd come back so easily?" You said. Lady Tsunade and Jiraiya bowed their heads down in agreement, he wasn't coming back. "Yes, Y/n's right. It doesn't seem to be the case here..." Jiraya said. "What's the matter with him? Orochimaru is dead, so why isn't he returning to the village?" Naruto asked. "Sasuke is possessed by the desire for revenge. He intends to approach the Akatsuki in order to kill his older brother Itachi." Jiraiya replied.

"That guy! He's still...? Dammit!" Naruto said in frustration. "Well, let's get going. The operation 'track Akatsuki' is still ongoing, right?" Naruto said a moment later. "Yes..." Lady Tsunade replied. "If we hunt down that Akatsuki member first we'll definitely run into Sasuke eventually! In other words, our target is...Itachi Uchiha." Naruto said determined. "We target the member of the Akatsuki with whom we have the highest chance of meeting Sasuke. Well, i can see the logic in that. Itachi Uchiha...what shall we do?" Lady Tsunade said. "If we're able to take just one of the Akatsuki into custody, Ibiki can get information about Itachi out of him." Sakura says. "I've already issued order to all teams to capture a Akatsuki member if the opportunity presents itself, and to transport him here." Lady Tsunade explained. "That will probably be very difficult." You heard Kakashi say.

You turned around to look at the door to see him leaning on the door frame. "We won't be able to make them talk so easily. Even those we've already encountered were far too dangerous and we couldn't even think about taking them into custody." Kakashi said. "Then what're we gonna do?!" Naruto asked stepping forward. "Well, until we come across Itachi, i don't think we have any choice but to be patient and search." Kakashi said. "Pursue Itachi in order to meet up with Sasuke, eh? Well then...say we find Itachi, what next?" Jiraiya asked. "About that...i have an idea. Can you spare some time?" Kakashi asked. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but...i'm afraid Y/n won't be joining you for this mission." Jiraiya said. "Why not?" Naruto asked. "Me and her have a mission...an important mission." Jiraiya said.

*timeskip*

You stood and watched team 7 and team 8 leave out on their mission. "Bye Y/n! Goodluck on your mission!" Naruto waved. You waved back. "Yeah, you too. Be careful." You said. They all jumped away and left. "Okay! Y/n, you should train or something for our mission." Jiraiya smiled. "Jiraiya. I can't believe you're bringing a child with you. Whatever happens to her you will be held responsible for it. She may be powerful but so is the Akatsuki." Lady Tsunade scolded. "Yes i know." Jiraiya said. "It's fine. I can take care of myself. No need to worry, lady Tsunade." You reassured. She sighed and walked back through the Konoha gates. You and Jiraiya followed and left in opposite directions.

*another timeskip*

You were getting ready for your mission and were blow drying your hair. You finished and combed through it, also grabbing your ninja attire. You put on your pants and zipped up your top. You tied your ninja headband on your lower left thigh and took the bandages you would need off your desk. You slowly wrapped the bandages around your hand to your forearm on each arm and strapped your katana holder to your hip. You grabbed a rock and took out your katana, sharpening it. After finishing that, you wiped the blade and slid it back into your holder. You grabbed kunai and shuriken and put it into your pouch and coat pockets. You slid on your coat and took a sip of water, heading out your door. You locked your door and started walking to the main gates. While walking, you spotted Iruka sensei.

"Hello, Iruka sensei." You waved. You haven't spoken to him in a long while. Ever since you came back to the village, you were busy and still haven't greeted everyone. He smiled and walked over to you. "Hey, Y/n! Long time no see. You're so tall now! And you've matured! I heard you're going on a mission to the find Akatsuki base." He said. You nodded. "Yes, i am heading there with master Jiraiya." You said. "Well, i have to go now. Please be very careful, Y/n. It's the Akatsuki, i hope you make wise choices. Don't die!" He smiled. "Yes, of course sensei." You said walking away. You walked to the main gates and saw Jiraiya standing there. You walked up to him. "Hey, you ready?" You asked. "I sure am! Now let's go! To the village hidden in the rain!" He said pointing forward. You just walked ahead with Jiraiya marching behind you. 'I have a bad feeling. It's the Akatsuki we're talking about, anything bad could happen. Let's hope this mission goes fine. That's all i hope for.' You though worridly.

___________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter! Just didn't know what else to write in this.

-Moonlxght

(935 words)