Chapter 56

*second person p.o.v.*

You sat in your living room, nothing but silence heard. Until a knock was heard on your door. You ignored it, but they knocked it again. Again, you ignored it. This time they knocked it more rapidly, as if they were getting annoyed. "Y/n, i know you're in there." Shikamaru said, raising his voice. With a heavy sigh, you lifted your body from your seat and walked to the door.

You opened the door, seeing Shikamaru stand there like a mother, waiting to scold their child with a hand on their hip. "What took you so long?" He asked, tilting his head. "What do you need, Shikamaru?" You asked tiredly. "Wow, yeah, great day to you too." Shikamaru's words laced with sarcasm, rolling his eyes. He invited himself into your house, leaving you there with an unamused look.

"Now's really not the time, Shikamaru. Can you leave?" You pinched the bridge of your nose. "I need to ask you a few questions." Sighing again, you closed the door and sat down in front of him. "Thanks. Now, i need to know if this picture means anything to you." He held up a picture of lord Fukasaku's back with a hidden message. Immediately, memories of when Jiraiya burnt the message down flooded into your mind.

You looked down into your lap, fidgeting with your fingers. "No." You answered, shaking your head and looking back up at Shikamaru. "Look, Y/n. I know what happened with Master Jiraiya and Naruto-" You cut him off. "Yeah, no need to rub it in." You snapped. "I know it's hard. But i need you to really look at this picture and tell me what you know." You shook your head again.

"I told you, i know nothing about it. The only thing i can probably tell from is it the 'number 9' from the first part." You pointed to what you were speaking about. Shikamaru's eyes widened and he leaned forward in his seat. "What about it?" He asked. "Well, it looks different from each number. It kinda reminds me of the way Master Jiraiya wrote 'ta'. It was a habit of his. Yet i may be wrong, so ask Naruto." You shrugged and sat back in your chair.

"Thanks, i gotta go." Shikamaru stood up and began to walk to the door, you trailing behind him. He suddenly stopped and turned to you, giving you a hug. "You can get through this. I'm not good at comforting anyone, but i want you to know that i'll be there when you need me. Just ask." You slowly patted his back, and he pulled away and left soon after. "Thanks, i guess?" You closed the door, retreating to your room.

You woke up the next morning and took a shower. After you finished, you went downstairs to see Kakashi and Naruto sitting in your living room. "Why are you in my house? Did i let you in?" You asked. "Y/n. You and Naruto need to apologize to eachother." Kakashi said sternly.

"No thanks." You quickly said. "Y/n, please." Naruto said with a hurt look on his face. "I said no. I have nothing to say to you, Naruto." You said again. "Y/n! Handle this situation like an adult, please. Apologize to eachother. You can't ignore this forever." Kakashi said.

"I'm sorry for what i said yesterday, Y/n. I didn't mean it. Any of it. I just let my emotions take over. It's just that it hurt me when you told me about pervy sage. I didn't accept it and let myself take my anger out on you, the person who fought for their life with pervy sage." Naruto bowed down in front of you. You sighed a rubbed a hand down your face.

You glanced down at Naruto and clenched your fists. "Get up." You demanded. "What?" He asked. "Get up, you idiot. You look absolutely pathetic. I guess it's fine. But just know, you do it again and i'm leaving team 7 to work by myself. I mean it." You said firmly. He smiled and hugged you tightly.