13. Woah

"James are you gonna tell us what in that book?" Zemo asked out of the blue pointing with his head at James. Even if James helped Zemo out of prison, it was extremely clear the two of them didn't go well together. James immediately tried to hide the book, but it was already too late as both you and Sam had now noticed.

"I've seen that book before, it was Steve's when he came out of the ice. I told him about Trouble Man. He wrote it in that book." Sam said eagerly as James, Sam and Zemo started a silly argument about music and Marvin Gaye. You didn't feel the need to say anything, everyone loves Marvin Gaye, or at least everyone should, so why discuss it. That was until Zemo started to talk about it. "It is a masterpiece, James, Complete. comprehensive. It captures the african-american experience."

"Woah woah woah, what do you know about the african american experience?" You said looking up at Zemo with some harsh eyes.

"I've read about it" Zemo said as it was enough of an excuse for what he just had said. You rolled your eyes before Sam joined in "He's out of line, but he's right. it's great. Everybody loves Marvin Gaye" he said and you nodded with a light laugh.

Zemo annoyed you, he was stubborn and acted like a 'know it all' type of guy, way worse than Tony and Tony was bad. Still it was something about him that piqued your interest. For example when he said things you disagreed with, it often came from a place of being naive, not because he wanted to be rude. It meant that deep down in him somebody just had to punch him hard enough for him to realise how stupid he was. Maybe what you liked about him was the fact that he was the villain so you no longer didn't have to feel like one. Or maybe... just maybe, it could be as simple that it was because of his looks? He didn't look bad? He dressed well, and even if you hadn't seen what was under that purple shirt, you bet he didn't exactly look bad... You didn't let yourself finish that thought before you stood up.

"I'm gonna get some sleep."

You said as you rushed to the back of the plane. You took up both seats, so you could lay down. You were not allowed to think like that about Zemo, and you were clearly too tired to think, so you did what had to be done. Sleep.