59. Trust III

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Bucky asked as he came running up beside you.

"About what?" you asked confused.

"You always walk away from people when you are stressed," Bucky answered.

Fuck, you had forgotten how much that little boy knew about you. Not only did he know all your secrets and how you behaved inside out, but he also remembered all of it. It was impossible for you to lie with Bucky in the room, cause he would just point it out and scream it out to the world. You ignored his question and kept walking. Zemo and Sam were ten-twenty meters behind you, and you intend to keep it that way as you need as much space as you possibly could before the meeting with Karli. You had no clue to why Karli was interested in talking to you. Sam made sense, she had threaten his sister, but you? You hadn't even talked to Karli, let alone been in the same room as her for more than a minute, so why would she care about you? It's not like you had anything to offer them either.

"Is it because of what Sam said? about taking out Zemo? Are you afraid you would need to do it? or if you are capable of even doing it?" Bucky asked, interrupting your thoughts. You looked up at him, clearly annoyed.

"Bucky, you know I can do it" you said sharply.

After everything you've been through together, you couldn't believe that Bucky was doubting your abilities. Only hours ago you showed them what your powers could do, and that was nothing compared to what Bucky had seen earlier in your life. You weren't even half way there, so if Bucky had the balls to step up into your own personal space and question you he could go and fuck off. He could see the rage in your face and stepped away one meter from you on the side, giving you a little bit extra room. He looked down at the ground.

"You know, being able to kill someone is very different from having to do it," he said softly.

You looked up at him, taken back by his words. You had been telling yourself that the reason you didn't want to have Zemo there was because you didn't trust him, but it was just as much the fact that you didn't trust yourself with him. What if he did something wrong? Tried to shoot Karli again? Or Walker? You knew what you would have to do and how to do it, but you really don't know if mentality would be able to see it through. Yes, you had been very conflicted emotionally about Zemo, but you never thought seriously about killing the man.

"I told you, we can talk about our past and our future y/n. I'm not judging you. I know you like him" he said.

"Okay, so I don't like the idea of having to kill the man. We are close, like we had sex only a couple of hours ago, I'm not super excited about shooting him" you said frustrated and waved your arms up in the air. Honestly, it was good to get off your chest. Sam was normally the guy you could talk with when you were feeling overwhelmed or stressed, but he was clearly as stressed as you thinking about his sister. Maybe talking with Bucky could ease you up a bit before the mission. Bucky started to laugh.

"Okay, so now you're admitting that the two of you 'did it' as you called it" he said, now enjoying your blushy red cheeks. You rolled your eyes at him.

"Can you blame me for trying to hide it? it's not like the two of you love Zemo exactly" you laughed. Bucky looked back at Zemo then back at you.

"I can't believe that I'm saying this and promise to never hold this against me ever, but the guy is growing on me" he said and took his hand around your shoulder. You looked up at him with a smile. That was far from an approval of Zemo from Bucky, but maybe one step closer to acceptance of his existence of Zemo and you took every win you could get from Bucky. "And it's not like your track record with men has been associated with morally good people either, so I'm not that surprised" Bucky said jokingly, clearly hinting to the Winter Soldier. You pinched him on the side.