49. Bring it on

"Well, they are not getting him" you said with a chuckle.

"Y/n you know he has to get back in prison anyway" he reminded you. Bucky lifted his eyebrows at you. He knew how you felt about Zemo, but he also knew that you were smarter than to think that Zemo could run freely around.

"I don't care, he's gonna be with us until this mission is done, I am not discussing this" you said and stood up. You could feel Zemo's eyes on you, but you didn't look back. This wasn't about your feelings, this was about the mission. It made no sense to give up our best resource, only for Dora Milaje to act like they were healing old wounds. This was about T'Chaka and what happened with him was awful, but throwing Zemo back in jail wasn't more than a symbolic gesture.

"Well, I can't break their trust either y/n" Bucky said and stood up. Why couldn't he just give up on this one? Was this revenge on you forcing him to lie to Sam? If so, this was far more than he was allowed to ask for.

"I didn't think I had to tell you this, but you broke their trust the second you broke Zemo out of prison. You have no authority to lecture me about right and wrong, Bucky" you said dead serious to him.

Bucky couldn't believe his ears, this wasn't the reaction he thought you would have, or maybe it was, but he didn't want this reaction. He looked back at Sam on the couch, clearly searching for empathy and support in him. You forgot how stubborn the two of you really are and how annoying it was when you first disagreed. Sam laughed low and leaned into the couch. Both you and Bucky were now waiting for Sam to talk and he really took his time.

"I can't believe I am saying this, but y/n are right. I warned you that they wouldn't like it, and Zemo is valuable for us" Sam admitted. You couldn't help but cheer a little inside of you. Not because Zemo could stay longer, but the fact that you won the argument against Bucky. You would lie if you didn't say it tasted good. You looked up at Bucky who were clearly disappointed in Sam's decision. "You know, they're gonna come for him anyway?" he said and looked at you. A smirk curled up on your lips as you looked over at Zemo.

"Bring it on. I have fought them once before, I can do it again."