96. No more Guns

"So you're the Power Broker," he said looking over at Sharon. Wait, did Sharon admit to hiring him to kill Sam? how desperate Sharon must've gotten to try to pull something like that.

"You hired Batroc to spy on me?" Karli asked, finally giving us a name to the face.

"Karli, you know me I'm always prepared," Sharon said confidently. Oh, this didn't help the guilt. Sharon had heard you say the same exact words on missions thousands of times. You shook it off and paid attention to Karli who asked Sharon to get out of her way. That's the moment Batroc took out his gun, pointing it at Karli. You closed your eyes and felt the magnetic field. You knew they were about to shoot each other, but Sharon was smart. She first tried to shoot Batroc, which she did, but you moved the bullet making sure it didn't land anywhere deadly. Karli immediately pulled the trigger on Sharon, but she didn't even try to kill her by the sense of where she placed the bullet. That's exactly what you would've done. You gave Zemo your phone with the recording. You whispered over to Zemo to stay, you didn't wanna risk anything and you needed him to protect the recording no matter what. Sam already had entered the room. You tilted your head and felt all the guns in the room. With a small movement with your fingers, you melted all the bullets.

"No more guns" you whispered to yourself.

"Sam, stay back," Karli warned. You stood up from under the desk without a sound. You needed to see Karli's reaction, how she would explain this to Sam. It wasn't like Sam and Bucky gave anyone else a chance at the truth besides Sharon in this situation.

"So, what's next, huh? You kill ten this time, then, what, a hundred? Where does it end? Please, let me help you." Sam asked calmly. You took a deep breath, waiting for one of them to make a move. You could feel it happening already.

"Don't try and manipulate me," Karli warned Sam, pointing her gun at him. Sam immediately went at her. You knew he wouldn't kill her, he would only try to help and you needed to see this through. You couldn't attack Sharon either, because the boys wouldn't believe you before they heard you. If you did and told them the truth, they would think something crazy stuff from the anesthesia was left in you. It hurt that was the truth, but trust wasn't something you could build overnight. You looked at them. Karli was not giving up, she was determined to take down Sam, or rather Captain America in her eyes. The worst part was that Karli got so blind in anger, that she actually stripped Sam of his shield. You immediately ran up, as she pointed her gun at him and smashed it down to the ground, and altered the field to push Karli hard enough to get knocked out.

Seconds later, Sam could see Sharon right behind you, trying to shoot Karli down or by now if there were any bullets in it would've reached you. You could see the fear in Sharon's eyes when she realized what just had happened. It was no way out of this one. Zemo got up from under the table. You look over your shoulder and over at Sharon.

"Did the power broker really think I came unprepared?"