CHAPTER 2: THE GENIUS

LALISA

We are at our locker, getting all the things that we need

We are at our locker, getting all the things that we need. Since the bet or battle happened between me and our professor, we didn't bother to attend that class anymore, and he might get fired because of it.

Actually, it's not my business anymore that he has the highest chance of getting fired. He agreed to have a battle with me; I won, so he needs to face the consequences of what he did.

"Let's go, guys!" Jungkook said while zipping his bag.

I looked at him in confusion and asked, "Where?"

"To hang out or something." He said, sounding a bit unsure with his answer.

I send them an apologetic smile and say, "I'm sorry, but I can't go with you; I have to work."

"You have a job? [I nodded] Where?" Jackson curiously asked.

"A part-time job at Star Cafe, about a few blocks from here." I answered.

"We can just hang out next time, guys. We also have assignments and activities in other subjects that we have to finish. To add on that, we need to prepare for our laboratory." Seulgi said, and we all nodded in agreement.

"Ok, let's plan it next time." Jungkook said, and we walked out of our department building together. "Lisa, do you need a ride?"

I shook my head and said, "No, I can just walk."

"Nope, you can't; you are going to ride with us, and you too, Seulgi." Jackson declared, and he opened the car door for us. "No buts, Liz." 

I sighed defeatistically.

"Guys, you can go ahead; my dad is going to fetch me." Seulgi waved her hands at us and waited for us to get inside the car.

"Ok, see you tomorrow!" Jungkook and Jackson said it with enthusiasm.

Jackson drove off from our university. I was sitting in the backseat while Jungkook was sitting in the passenger seat beside Jackson.

The car ride was chill and smooth. Jackson and Jungkook asked some questions about me to get to know me, and I did the same thing for them, then they dropped me off at the cafe.

I have three part-time jobs, and it's been three weeks since I started working here at Star Cafe.

To be honest, it's hard to be poor, but I can endure it.

I put my things in my locker. We don't have a uniform here, so I'm wearing my hoodie and my contact lenses since I have poor eyesight, but even though we don't have a uniform, we need to wear an apron and a hat.

I'm one of the cashiers, and I've started getting their orders.

"Lisa, are you good?" Yoo Jeongyeon, my colleague and friend, asked.