CHAPTER 9: POSSESSIVE NINI

LALISA

It's been a week since I made a deal with Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Ever since then, Jennie and I haven't hung out much because we are both busy, which makes me feel bad. I know that Jennie wants to be with me, but because of some circumstances, we can't.

I took a leave of absence from work this Friday because I wanted to visit Jennie at her work, and I don't have any classes today. Mom kind of brought up to me that Jennie is stressed at work, so I decided to try to cheer her up. 

They will be having an important event, and it's a music festival since it's their company anniversary, which is why Jennie is very busy nowadays.

At this moment, I'm standing here in front of the Kim Corporation building since she's here. I already contacted her secretary using Mom's phone, and I asked her secretary about her schedule for today.

I entered the building, and employees just let me pass because Bobby was with me. He just accompanied me to the elevator and bid me goodbye. 

Not long enough, I have arrived outside of Jennie's office. 

I waited here outside because I knew Jennie was still in the meeting and I didn't want to go inside without her permission.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?" A woman appeared from nowhere and asked, and she didn't look like an employee here. 

I politely bowed to her.

"I am just waiting for Jen—I mean Ms. Kim." I addressed Jennie formally because I don't want this woman in front of me to think that I'm not respecting the CEO of this massive building we are currently at.

"Are you her investor? A business associate? An employee? If you are, then which department are you working in? I haven't seen you around." She walked near me, and I unconsciously moved backward.

"Sorry, Miss, but I'm not working here." I told her, and she smiled.

"Stop the formalities. I'm Nancy.  And you are?" She asked, looking at me in a strange way, which made me feel that this woman had interior motives.

Before I could even answer, I heard a familiar voice, and I faced the direction where the voice came from. It was Jennie Kim.

"My fiancé, soon to be wife." She stated, while looking at us with her sharp eyes.

"Hey there!  It was nice to see you today." This Nancy girl greeted Jennie with an obvious fake smile.

"It's not nice to see you. Get out of here instantly." Jennie said in her cold, intimidating voice.

This Nancy girl rudely rolled her eyes and replied, "Handsome, see you later." 

She waved her hands, and I just bowed at her. I saw in my peripheral that Jennie was still mad even though Nancy was already gone.

"Mina, grab me some lunch first." Jennie ordered her secretary.

"All right, Ms. Kim." Her secretary said, and Jennie went inside her office, so I followed her. I knew she was upset, but she was just attempting to calm herself, which is why she wasn't talking to me.

"Jennie."  I called her and walked toward her. 

Her back was facing me, and I hugged her behind, during which she froze and eventually relaxed.

"Still mad?" She shook her head. "Really?Look at me then." 

She faced me, looking down and avoiding eye contact with me. Therefore, I cupped her face, and I saw her eyes filled with both sadness and madness.