CHAPTER 25: DINNER

JENNIE

Lalisa admitted our relationship to the press

Lalisa admitted our relationship to the press. She introduced herself as my girlfriend, which means I can freely flirt or act sweet with her in public.

I couldn't believe she spoke so calmly and politely at the same time, despite not liking how other people invade our privacy. She seriously cares and loves to keep her life private.

At this moment, she's here in my office, helping me with my work by flipping the pages of what I'm reading and signing because she is holding my left hand.

We like working together; she is so adorable.

"Lili, do you really find me pretty? You have kept staring at me since we got here in my office." I said without looking at her because I was busy reading some business proposals.

"Yes, you are not just pretty but also beautiful and cute at the same time." I looked at her, and I met her smiling face.

"You are extra sweet today." I gave her an ekismo kiss, which made her cutely scrunch her nose.

"I gue-" She got interrupted when someone banged on my door.

"Jennie!" I felt my blood start boiling, and the voice that called me by my name woke the tigress inside me.

It's Kim Jong-in.

The audacity of this man to barge into my office as if he owned this place

"What are you doing here?" I said in a cold voice, which made Lili look at me with one raised eyebrow.

"Is it real? Are you really in a relationship?" he asked, not believing whatever he saw in the news.

I raised my hand that was holding Lili's hand; I showed it to Kai, and he frowned because of that.

"What the heck! Do you like her? A girl for real? Jennie, you are not gay, and especially if you are, I know you are not going to stoop down to her level." He said in disbelief.

I glared at him, "The audacity, Mr. Kai, you called me by my first name, which is absolutely impolite, and you even dictated that I'm not gay, which I clearly am, and I like her very much, scratch that, because I love her. Don't act like you know me, Kai, because you do not. You even have the audacity to bang on my door just to interrupt us. Get a life, Kai, don't ever come back here."

"You are making me laugh, Jennie Kim. You know that we will get married soon, right? Why bother playing with her, huh? We will be engaged soon, Jennie, and then we will get married. Our companies will also merge after we get married. Leave her alone already. Jen, I know someone like her is not on our level. Does she even have the life we had? I know she is not. I think she has a lot of part-time jobs just to feed herself. You will be my wife, Jennie."

I was about to speak when suddenly Lili pulled my hand back. She told me to sit down and calm myself.

"Leave her, Jennie. A lowlife like her does not belong here." He mocked and stared at Lili in disgust.