CHAPTER 35: HELPING THE COMPANY

LALISA

Kang Seulgi and I are still suspended from the hospital

Kang Seulgi and I are still suspended from the hospital. Therefore, I'm currently staying here at Kim's Mansion with Mom, Dad, and Grand Kim. They want me to stay here so they can bond with me.

Everyone is here except Nini; we are at the dining hall eating our breakfast. Nini went early to the company to fix some problems. She handled a lot of branches and fixed every problem in the companies; that's why she is so busy.

"Mom, is Nini short of employees?" I asked Mom.

"Not really, but the problem she faces right now is with some partners, investors, and also the company's profits." Mom answered.

"The company is losing some money; we don't know where the money is going or what we are spending to lose some." Dad added. "So, Jennie investigated and found the truth behind it."

"Corruption." I mumbled.

"Also, the company is having a hard time explaining this matter to its business partners and investors. They thought that we were stealing their money, and they also thought that we might have betrayed them." Grand Kim told me, which made me frown.

"Can I work at your company in the meantime while I'm still suspended?" I asked them, and they all looked at me confused. "I want to help your company, especially Nini. Pursuing people is not easy, especially if they believe rumors. I can also help their marketing team to make the company's profit higher than in the past year."

"Are you sure about that, Lisa?" Grand Kim asked, and I nodded. "Ruby Jane might kill me if I let you work at the company."

"She might throw some tantrums, and she will think we forced or asked you to do this." Mom stated.

I chuckled and said, "Don't worry, I will explain to her, and I can handle her."

"Trust our daughter-in-law, you know Ruby Jane is whipped for her." Dad said, believing in my skills on how to handle their daughter.

"Fine, just protect us from the devil." Grand Kim said, which caused us to laugh.

After breakfast, Dad personally dropped me off at the Kim Corporation. There are a lot of normal people here, and it looks like they are having a rally here.

I read the signs, and they were protesting about the minimum salary and working non-stop. I think some are construction workers who are building a new branch.

"Excuse me." I went to see an old lady who was sitting on the ground. I gave her a bottle of water and a handkerchief to wipe away her sweat.

"You don't have to." She refused my water and handkerchief.

"I insist, Ahjumma, you have to drink this because you are dehydrated, which is causing you to have a headache." She accepted the water.

"Thank you, young lady." She smiled at me.