CHAPTER 55: IN-LAW'S

LALISA

We returned to the living room after a long period of catching up with my mother

We returned to the living room after a long period of catching up with my mother. We didn't notice it was already after dinner time. Mom and I forgot to eat lunch because we were too busy talking to each other and hugging each other.

I saw Nini talking with Marco, my stepdad. Mom told me to call him Dad and told me that he had been wanting to meet me.

We sat next to them then, and they both looked at us.

"Did you two have fun?" Marco asked, sounding hesitant.

"Yes, Dad, we did." I said, and Mom smiled at me. Marco froze when he heard me call him Dad.

"Dad?" He asked, and tears were forming in his eyes.

"Yes, Mom said you wanted to meet your one and only daughter." He started to tear up, which caused me to panic. "Why are you crying? I'm sorry if I offend you or something."

"No, no, don't worry, it's happy tears." I handed him a tissue, but he pulled my wrist and hugged me. "I'm happy to meet you, my very lovely and special daughter."

"You know about my condition?" He nodded.

"Of course, you are my child already, so you better brace yourself, kid; your awesome dad will spoil you." He grinned widely, which made me giggle.

"Tip number one, Mr. Marco: Don't give her expensive things or else she will not accept them." Nini spoke, and Dad chuckled.

"I will take note of that." Dad acts as if he is writing something in her palm.

"Oh! Who is this beautiful lady?" Mom asked.

"Mom and Dad, this is Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, my girlfriend and soon to be my wife." Nini bowed at them as I held her by the waist.

"It is nice to meet you, Mrs. Chittip and Mr. Marco." She offered a handshake, which was accepted by Dad, but Mom rejected it and instead hugged her. That surprised her because she disliked other people touching her, but surprisingly, she immediately hugged my mother.

"It's nice to meet you, sweetie, and I can't believe Lisa will find a lovely lady." They pulled away from the hug, and Mom looked at her in adoration.

"Actually, I'm the first one who found her, and I'm also the one who loved her first." Nini stated.

"Care to share your story?"

"I met her at the cafe she works at. She served me a coffee with a big smile on her face, which made me smile as well. Then, minutes later, she gave me an ice pack, and voila! I discovered I had fallen in love with her. Typical love at first sight." She didn't share what happened the next day. Maybe she felt embarrassed, so I decided to continue the story.

"The next day, she went back to the cafe and asked me how much my smile was because she wanted to buy it and she only wanted me to smile at her. I told her it was not for sale, then she confessed to me. I rejected her, and she kept insisting that she wanted me." Nini gave me a glare, and she smiled when she saw my mom and dad looking at her.