CHAPTER 32: INTERN. MANOBAN

LALISA

This was such a stressful week that I stayed at the hospital most of the time. I can't go out to relax or even roam around taking photos like I always do when I'm stressed.

When I first got here at the hospital, doctors fought over me. They said they wanted to handle me, and they wanted to be my instructors.

I let them fight and waited for the one doctor who would handle me. Seulgi and I can't go home because they always hold us. They always make us do some work and assist doctors in the emergency room.

I actually tried stitching someone's wounds and even operating on them.

I know I'm still an intern, but I've already operated on a patient because one of the fearful doctors gave me his job; he was afraid to operate on him because he's a mafia boss.

A group of men wearing suits arrive here at the emergency room. They were carrying a man, and I think he got a shot in his right chest.

The doctor next to me checked up on him, and he got scared because the mafia group warned him.

"Operate him; make sure he goes outside of the operating room alive, or else your life will be in exchange." A big guy said, and he was threatning us.

"I'm not s—"

"Make sure of it." The guy said sternly, and the doctor passed me his ID and his stethoscope.

"I'm resigning. I can't operate him. I don't care anymore if I lose my license. I prefer to lose it than my life." He suddenly ran away.

Seulgi and I are left dumbfounded. Dr. Choi arrived, and he was about to operate on him, but he also got scared because this man was giving him some threats.

"All of you can just shut up. You are not helping your boss. Why don't you try operating him instead of scaring the doctors here?" I crossed my arms and glared at them.

"Kid, he is our boss, and if he d—," I cut him off.

"He will die in about seven minutes and thirty-nine seconds because of losing too much blood. I will be the one who is going to operate him if he dies; it's not my fault because it is yours. Two doctors attempt to save him, but you keep blubbering some things that make them scared. Time is ticking. We don't have enough time to bring him to the operating room." I looked at Seulgi, and she knew what I was planning. She nodded and grabbed the things we needed to operate on him.

"Congratulations everyone. You will be able to watch a live operation, so shut up and pray for him." They looked at me like I was losing my sanity.

"Intern. Manoban, you can't do that. It is dangerous, and you are just an intern." Dr. Choi said, stopping me from what I was about to do.

"Why? Can you operate on him in that state? Your hands keep shaking and you have hesitation. I'd be fine if he died, and I've already prepared for the worst-case scenario. We don't have enough time to talk, so shut up. I still have a person I need to save." I wore a surgical mask and gloves.