CHAPTER 23: WHAT HAPPENED?

LALISA

I want to run away from here.

I didn't want to see him again.

When I saw him, everything came back to me; I remembered all the bad things he did. Yet he was acting as if he were a good person.

He is such a hypocrite.

I want to be invisible and numb.

Loneliness and pain come back, and I don't know what I'm going to do to make myself happy and complete.

Please, someone save me from this nightmare.

I want to escape and have a normal, peaceful life.

...

JENNIE

All the businessmen and women here keep talking to me, and I hate it, but I need to be civil with them

All the businessmen and women here keep talking to me, and I hate it, but I need to be civil with them. I answered them with a nod or short response, but they were still talking.

These people keep my night so busy that it leaves me no choice but to leave Lili for awhile since I don't want her to be uncomfortable and I don't want people to eye her as if she were a piece of meat.

"Jennie." Jisoo unnie called my name, and there is a worried look plastered on her face, which made me worry as well because it sounds like there is a problem; that's why she approached me.

"Hmm? Why?" I asked her and ignored all the people in front of me that were talking to me earlier.

"Lisa," she said in a low voice, almost in a whisper.

"Why? What happened? What's wrong? Did something bad happen?" I bombarded her with questions, making her shake her head in response.

"She suddenly ran away here. We tried to stop and follow her, but she had already gotten away," she answered, which made me frown and be curious about what happened to Lili and the reason why she ran away.