CHAPTER 8: CROWD

LALISA

As I walked around the campus, I saw a lot of students looking at me and gossiping about me

As I walked around the campus, I saw a lot of students looking at me and gossiping about me. It looks like the news that they saw me with the owners has spread already. 

I checked my phone to see a lot of annoying notifications on the top of my screen. I clicked it, and then I saw my picture with Mom and Dad together on the school page.

I scrolled through the comments to read some comments. They are all curious about my relationship with our university owner.

All of a sudden, someone shouted my name, it was probably Seulgi just based on the voice. I stopped in my tracks, and I looked behind me to see my dear friend running towards me.

When she got near me, she dragged me to a vacant room and closed it to make sure no one would see or hear us.

"I have explaining to do, right?" I asked her, and she nodded. "It's just that I met the owners; that's it."

"Yeah, we know you met the owners, but I know there is something more to it." I sighed because this bear really knows me.

"They talked to me about their daughter, and they said that her daughter was in love with me. They want me to marry her, but I refuse. I told them I don't have feelings for her, but they said I should give it a try. So their daughter is going to make me fall in love with her. That's the end of the story." I summarized the story, and her mouth went agape.

She went quiet for a second. "Wow, that is quite a lot to sink in. It looks like I'm going to see you in the future loving someone." 

"Yeah, probably, but please do keep it a secret. Also, help me to answer the students' questions if they ask me. Be my spokesperson." I asked for her help, and she patted my shoulder.

"Don't worry; I've got you. I'm going to make a story. You know I'm good at that." She gave me a thumbs-up and winked.

I smiled at her and said, "Yeah, I trust you." 

We went out of the vacant room, then we quickly went to our classroom. I felt everyone's gaze on me.

I took a seat, and that was the cue for our classmates to approach me and bombard me with questions. I just let Seulgi answer their questions.

She is a great spokesperson.

•••

Our class ended, I felt my phone vibrate, and I got a notification. I opened it, and it was the school page once again with news about me. 

There is a post saying that I'm close to the owners because I'm their scholar. Once again, the news spread quickly.

It's not a bad article, actually. 

When I was about to check the comments, I received a call from an unknown number, and I ignored it because I'm not the type of person who answers the phone when someone unknown is calling, and my friends are aware of that.