CHAPTER 12 [2/2]: SMILEY CEO

JISOO

I'm starting to lose all the patience I saved for my devil cousin

I'm starting to lose all the patience I saved for my devil cousin. I've been waiting for her for about an hour and a half now, but she's still not arriving for some unknown reason.

My feet are starting to hurt because I have been standing in front of the reception desk so my devil cousin won't pass me by unnoticed.

This cousin of mine really knows how to get on my nerves, and I guess she's intentionally doing that to stress the snot out of me.

What was taking her too long?

All of a sudden, the revolving door revealed my devil cousin. As soon as my eyes set on her, my eyes widened, and my jaw almost dropped.

My devil cousin is smiling widely, showing her perfect gummy smile that she has stopped showing for a lot of years now. She is acting very strange, not only because she is smiling but also because she bowed to the old woman who passed by her and greeted her employees happily.

Shit! The devil is smiling.

Is this the end of the world?

Did she murder someone?

"Mina, do you see what I'm seeing?" I asked Mina as I brushed my eyes to see if I was not hallucinating.

"Yes, Ms. Kim, I can see it clearly, and I do agree with you that your cousin is acting strange today." Mina responded, agreeing with my thoughts.

"So I'm not hallucinating." I stated, and she nodded.

"I'm afraid you're not."

I slowly turned my head at Mina, and she was also looking at me. "Is the devil smiling?"

She nodded, "Yes, Ms. Kim."

"Bowed?"

"Yes."

"Greeting?"

"Yes."

"Is it the end of the world?" I snapped my head at Jennie, and she was acting so happy.

"Maybe."

I gasped, "Is she skipping like a teenager towards us while smiling?"

"Yes."

I shook my head, trying to check if I'm hallucinating or not because it's my first time seeing my cousin act like this, and it's scaring the snot out of me.

I'm not sure anymore if it was because I barely slept last night that caused me to have this hallucination or maybe because Jennie met an accident that caused her to act like this.

"Mina, can you slap me?" I faced her, and she looked at me.

"I can't. I might lose my job." She took a step backward, and Jennie came to my view.