CHAPTER 60: GOOD NEWS

LALISA

"Limario, I have good news for you

"Limario, I have good news for you." Jisooni began after she parked the car and turned off the engine.

"What is it?" I inquired.

She smiled at me and said, "Your Nini is waiting for you."

I took a deep breath before I got out of the car.

Without waiting for Jisooni, I immediately ran inside the hospital. I did not ride the elevator since there were a lot of people.

Therefore, I used the stairs instead, from the ground floor to the eighth floor. I ran as fast as I could, and I almost tripped a lot of times, but I still managed to balance myself.

I arrived at her room, and I opened it widely.

There she is, the woman that I would die for, and she was sitting on her bed wearing a hospital gown.

Mom, Dad, Daddy Kim, Mommy Kim, Rosie, Seulgi, Taehyung-oppa, Kookie, Nayeon, Hyun, Mina-unnie, and Bobby-oppa are present here.

Nini looked in my direction, and I saw her gummy smile again—that smile that always made my heart beat fast and made me fall over and over.

I gulped and felt my knees weaken. I walked to her quickly and hugged her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and her arms were around my shoulders.

"I love you so much, Jennie." I started tearing up. "I miss you damn much."

"I love you too, Lisa, and I miss you too." She rubbed my back.

I pulled away and was about to caress her face, but I had wounds in my palm, maybe because of using stairs, so I retreated.

"What happened to your hands?" She asked worriedly.

"Ahh, this. I punched the guy who shot you. I also punched Leroy in the face, and I used stairs instead of the elevator." I answered her truthfully, and she chuckled.

"Did you run here?" I nodded. "Don't ever do that again. You're making me worried."

"Jenduekie, nice to have you back." Jisooni arrived, and I hugged Jennie again. "Actually, she beat the guy who shot you. She almost killed him if the police didn't stop her on time. So the guy is critical. She punched Leroy, I think twice or thrice, and his nose bled, even his lips. I think he broke his nose. She also caught the McDonnies, and they are now in jail."

"Did Lili do all of that?" She couldn't believe it and looked at me with one raised eyebrow.

I'm not dense and innocent that much. I think she really saw me as harmless and not capable of hurting someone.

I nodded. "Yes, I did."

"How I wish I saw all of that." I looked at her, and she was smiling at me.

"She turns 180 degrees when you get shot. She literally does her best to trace the culprits." Seulgi told Nini.