CHAPTER 48: ENVIOUS

LALISA

The Kangs and Baes invited us to join their dinner, and we gladly accepted their dinner invitation

The Kangs and Baes invited us to join their dinner, and we gladly accepted their dinner invitation. The Kims and Parks will also be there, and I didn't know they were friends.

I didn't bother dressing up formally because it was just a dinner, and all the family members present are aware that I'm not fond of wearing formal attire.

"Lisa/Priya!" Mrs. Kang and Mrs. Bae called me, and I went to them to give them a hug.

"You are so big now." Mrs. Bae kissed my cheeks and combed my hair using her hand while staring at me sweetly and proudly.

"You are becoming prettier day by day." Mrs. Kang commented, and she also kissed my cheeks.

All of a sudden, we heard someone clearing their throat. It's Mr. Kang and Mr. Bae, while Nini raises one eyebrow while crossing her arms.

"Aigoo, these two are getting jealous of you, Lisa." Mommy Kang shook her head at their antics.

"Not only those two, but also her girlfriend." Mommy Bae pointed at Nini, who was obviously getting jealous, which made them chuckle.

"Let's start eating now." Grandpa declared, and we all took a seat.

We started eating while chatting, talking, and laughing with each other; the adults were also catching up with each other, and they shared their past stories.

"Lisa." Daddy Kang called my attention.

I stopped eating and looked at him. "Yes?"

"How old are you again?" He suddenly asked, which kind of confused me.

"I just turned twenty years old." He nodded, but he appeared to be unsure. "You can tell me what is on your mind."

He cleared his throat, and everyone's eyes were on him. "I just wanted to ask when you and Jennie will be engaged."

"Engage?" I confirmed, earning a nod from him.

"You and Jennie are the first ones to get into a romantic relationship, but Seulgi and Irene are the first ones to get engaged." he stated, and I understand what he was trying to say. "I was just asking you; no pressure."

"Nah, it's fine, but all I know for sure is we will be engaged soon. No backing out, and I'll be the one who makes the move." I honestly answered, which made him smile a little, feeling a bit of relief.

"Why did you ask her that kind of question? Look, you ruin the mood; maybe she feels pressured and she might stress herself out." Mommy Kang slapped his shoulder and scolded him.

I shook my head and said, "It's fine, Mommy Kang; I don't feel any pressure with that."

"Let's change the topic!" She suddenly exclaimed, glaring at her husband, which made us chuckle.