CHAPTER 19: VOLLEYBALL

LALISA

We, the medicine students, are currently inside our hotel restaurant, having our delicious lunch

We, the medicine students, are currently inside our hotel restaurant, having our delicious lunch. My girlfriend, Nini, was also here, but with the Kim Corporation for their team building.

They were having their lunch when suddenly I saw a guy walking towards Nini, and I think that guy is the one who talked to her when we were at the Music Festival event place.

"Liz, what are you looking at?" Seulgi asked me, and she also looked at what I was looking at. "Ahh...that's Kim Jongin, also known as Kai."

"You know him?" I inquired, earning a nod from her, and she inverted her gaze at me.

"Yes, kind of." She answered. "He is the son of Kim Jungsik. They owned a business as well, and Kim Corporation is their biggest stockholder."

"A richass." She chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, and it's publicized that he had feelings for Ms. Jennie. Just look at the way he looks at her; it's so obvious." She pointed at Kim Jongin, who is currently talking to Nini.

"But Nini looks annoyed at him." I told Seulgi as I watched my girlfriend not mind the man talking to her.

"Obviously, she probably hates him. He is arrogant and full of himself. Also, I heard that Kim Jongin wants to marry your girlfriend." She said nonchalantly, but her statement made me unconsciously clench my palm into a fist.

"You really know a lot, Bear." I said with amusement in my tone.

She nodded. "Of course, I sometimes attend business parties with my parents."

"Business parties mean boring parties." I stated.

"You are 100 percent right about that." She agreed. "What are you going to do to stop that, Kai?"

"Nothing; why would I bother myself when Jisooni and Rosé are there to stop him?" I unclenched my fist and continued eating.

"You sure? Because he is currently sitting beside your girl." She pointed her fork in their direction.

I looked again at them and asked, "What am I supposed to do?"

"Stop him." She simply said, as it is the right thing to do.

"You know, people don't know my relationship with Nini."

She was about to speak when someone interrupted her.

"Everyone! Let's go play volleyball!" We heard what one of our classmates said, and a lot of students went out of the restaurant.

"Seulgi, L.M., let's play with them!" Jackson drags us outside the restaurant without even letting us protest.

We went to the volleyball area, standing on the other side of the court. It's a sunny day, and the weather is cooperating with us because it will be kind of annoying if it's raining.