CHAPTER 27: PRESS CONFERENCE

JENNIE

Grandpa called a press conference since the media was creating commotion about my relationship with Lili and Kai's family's illegal business

We held the press conference on the ground floor of the Kim Corp., and there were a lot of people here, such as reporters, journalists, and even admirers.

We arrive at the venue, and the people start making some noise. Lili and I walked together. She even lent me her hand to hold when we climbed a set of stairs.

 She even lent me her hand to hold when we climbed a set of stairs

"Everyone! Let's welcome Ms. Kim Jennie Ruby Jane and Manoban Lalisa." The host said, and they all clapped their hands, some whistled, and cheered.

Lili handed me one mic, and she held the other one.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I am Manoban Lalisa. It is nice to see you doing well and great today." My Lili being so polite was in her blood, so she bowed at them.

"I am Kim Jennie Ruby Jane. Let's start this conference." Lili looked at me and just shook her head.

"You may now ask a question." The host said one journalist stood up.

"Hello, Ms. Kim and Ms. Manoban, how did you meet?"

"We met in the Star Cafe where I was working, and I served the coffee for her. Then I noticed she had a swollen cheek. I came back to her table, and I handed her an ice pack." Lili answered.

"It was love at first sight. I fell for her smile after she served me the coffee, wearing her bright and cute smile that can make anyone smile. Then, I went back there to talk to her, and that's how it started." I added

"So, it means, Ms. Kim, you courted her?" another person asked.

"No, courtship happens. I talked to her and confessed to her, but she refused me." I answered.

"How did the two of you become a couple?" A reporter asked.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim went to the university to talk to me, and they said they wanted me for their daughter. At first, I refused because I'm still young and studying. Mrs. Kim told me that they would support me in every step I take in my life, since I still have a lot to learn and explore. I told her that I did not like their daughter at all." She glanced at me and softly smiled at me.