CHAPTER 37: CAUGHT

JENNIE

We slept last night in the same position

We slept last night in the same position. She was on top of me, and I was underneath her, just hugging her while she held my top like her life depended on it.

All of a sudden, I felt a movement from her, indicating that she was waking up. She slid beside me and sat up.

"Good Morning, Lili." I greeted her as she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Good Morning, Nini." She unconsciously got up and went to the bathroom, half asleep.

"Being underneath her is the best feeling." I mumbled and laughed.

Minutes later, Lili went out of the bathroom already in her casual clothes, and I went to the bathroom to prepare myself as well.

While I was showering, I remembered what she said last night.

"He is back, but who?" I keep thinking about it, and I think I already had an idea.

She said that her dad had hurt her. It means that his dad probably came back here. So he's at the apartment building, which is why she didn't continue.

I really want to know who your father is, Lili, so I will ask someone to investigate. I badly wanted to know who he is and the whole story of why you are scared of him.

After I finished doing my morning routine, I got out of the bathroom and saw Lili waiting for me. She was sitting on the bed while fidgeting with her hands.

I squatted in front of her and stopped her hands from fidgeting.

"What's wrong with Lili?" I asked her worriedly.

"I want to tell you about my past, but... I-i" She have a hard time finishing her sentence, which I truly understand.

She is still not ready.

"I told you before, I'm willing to wait for you to open up. You don't need to force yourself to tell me." She shook her head, disagreeing.

"I'm aware that I'm making you all confused and worried. I really wanted to tell you, but I don't want you to get involved." She said.

"Tell me if you can tell me. If it's about you, I don't care what will happen to me as long as I can protect you and make you happy." I reassured her.

She looked at me directly in the eyes and said, "Am I being selfish?"

"No, you are not. You are just worried about us. That is why you don't want us to know your past because you think that there might be something happening to us." I tried to comfort her.

"I will tell it to you." She said with a little determination. It's clear that she badly wanted to tell me about her past.

"When?"

"Later."

"Ok, I'm willing to wait and listen." I carved her side face.

"Thank you, Nini."