CHAPTER 16: WHAT IF?

JENNIE

I woke up and found myself on top of Lili, and she is still sleeping

I woke up and found myself on top of Lili, and she is still sleeping. I decided to stare at her beautifully handsome face instead of getting up.

Suddenly, our first kiss last night flashed in my mind, which made me unconsciously smile. Lili even said that she liked me, and then she kissed me on the lips twice.

"Stop staring at me, Nini." Lili suddenly spoke with her eyes closed.

"I can't stop myself from staring at you, Lili." I replied while staring at her lovingly.

"Hmmm..." She hummed, and she opened her eyes. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" I rested my chin on my right hand to have a good view of her face.

"We are having a field trip," she told me.

"Where?" I inquired.

"Jeju Island."

"When?"

"Tomorrow." My eyebrows furrowed as she answered; I was not expecting that her field trip would be tomorrow already.

I'm still not ready for her to be away from me.

I raise an eyebrow. "For how many days?"

"Three days." She traced my eyebrows using her fingertips, trying to remove my furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't go." I said as I held her tightly, afraid she would go somewhere without me, and I didn't want that to happen.

"I can't because it's required." She stated.

"I can speak to you." I wasn't able to finish my sentence because she cut me off.

"Nope, not a chance. I also want to go to Jeju Island because I've never been there, and I want to see a new place to get a new view that I could probably capture both in my camera and mind."

"How about me?" I pouted.

"How about you? Why? What's wrong?" She worriedly asked

"I'll be alone here in Seoul, and I can't see you in three days."

"You are not alone here in Seoul, Nini, since your parents and Jisooni are here with you. Also, you can call or text me. I can even facetime you and send you photos."

"But I want to hug, kiss, cuddle, and touch you."

"Nini, it will be just three days. After that, we can see each other again."

"Lili, the time is so slow when you are not around me. It's making me feel more lonely and impatient because I badly wanted to see you, but the time was not cooperating."

"Nini, it's required; that's one of the reasons why I have to go there. It also has a plus in our grades, and I've been saving money just for this because I want to go. Please let me go to my field trip."