CHAPTER 6: PLEASE

LALISA

We have class today, and I'm in the classroom

Our professor was busy discussing a new lesson, but I didn't bother listening to the discussion because I was too busy staring out the window.

This professor doesn't care whether we listen or not to whatever we're saying. He also doesn't care if we fail or not in his class because all he cares about is that he has done his job and will get paid.

We are all grown adults, so we know our responsibilities. It's up to us what we should do in our lives, and our professors are just here to share their knowledge and experience, not to dictate or demand that we listen or do something.

All of a sudden, someone started talking into the speaker, which made our professor stop discussing and caught our attention.

"Ms. Lalisa Manoban, kindly go to the principal's office now. I repeat, Ms. Lalisa Manoban, kindly go to the principal's office now."

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked Seulgi while looking at her confusedly.

"I don't know, Liz, but just go there." She tapped my shoulder, and I nodded at her.

I walked to the principal's office. I don't feel nervous or scared at all because I know that I didn't do anything wrong, so there is nothing to be nervous or scared about.

I knocked on the door, and someone said, "Come in."

"You are asking for my presence?" I asked the principal, and he nodded.

"Ahmm, yes, Ms. Manoban, someone wants to talk to you." Our principal said, and he motioned for me to go inside, which I did. "These are Mr. and Mrs. Kim. They are the owners of this university."

"Hi, good day! I am Lalisa Manoban, but just call me Lisa. It was nice to meet you." I bowed ninety degrees and straightforwardly asked them, "Can I ask why you want to talk to me?"

"We want to talk to you about an important matter." Mr. Kim said it seriously. He is pretty scary, but I'm not scared.

"I do not want to be rude, but can you please tell me now? I still have a part-time job."

"We want you to marry our daughter and be our daughter-in-law." Mrs. Kim said, which made me choke in the air.

My eyes went wide. "Pardon?"

Are they crazy?

They just came here to tell me to marry their daughter. I don't even know them, not even their daughter.

"My daughter, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, is a cold-hearted and spoiled brat. She doesn't care about anyone in this world. She never smiled at anyone, not even us. Actually, she was not like that when she was a child." Mrs. Kim started, and I saw a resemblance between her and Ms. Jennie.