CHAPTER 20: GRAND KIM

JENNIE

After three days of staying on Jeju Island, we went back to our normal lives. My company's teambuilding and my girlfriend's field trip have already ended.

These past few days, Lili has been busier than usual because she will be doing her internship.

She wanted to be a cardiologist, and it's kind of hard because it specializes in treating heart diseases. It's one of the most difficult professions in the working industry.

I'm here at Jisoo-unnie's penthouse even though she is not here. I just thought of taking a break from the office and just hanging out here in her penthouse.

Suddenly, my phone rang, and Jisoo-unnie was calling me. I immediately answered, thinking that it might have something to do with Kim Corporation.

Chu🐔

KJ: YAH!!! Where are you?!

RJ: Hello to you too, my dear cousin.

KJ: I don't have time for jokes, Jennie Kim!

RJ: Why did you call me?

KJ: He is here.

RJ: Who?

KJ: You know...

RJ: Just tell me, unnie.

KJ: Grand Kim

I froze, and I felt like someone dumped a bucket of ice-cold water on my whole body, which made me shiver.

KJ: Are you still there? Tell me your location, Jennie.

RJ: I'm at your penthouse,unnie.

KJ: Araseo, wait for me.

Call Ended

When the call ended, I couldn't help but fall into deep thoughts. My grandfather is here in Seoul; he came unannounced.

What is he doing here?

Aren't he supposed to be in Japan?

What should I do?

Should I hide or run away?

I keep walking back and forth because I'm scared and nervous while biting my nails.

He is not a normal person; he is the reason why I grew up being cold and intimidating.

All of a sudden, I remembered what Lili told me.

"Your parents, Jisooni, Rosie, Seulgi, Mina, Bobby, and I will go to protect you from him."

"I will protect you no matter what, Nini. You are right, he had power and connections, but he doesn't have something that I had."