CHAPTER 52: GIFT

JENNIE

We immediately arrived at the mansion

We immediately arrived at the mansion. My parents and grandpa were waiting in the study room. It was evident from their faces that they were worried.

Lili and I took a seat across from them.

"I already hired trusted and skilled guards for Lisa and you too, Ruby Jane. We also interrogated the men who attempted to kidnap her." Dad told me, he is worried sick since his daughter and daughter-in-law's safety is on the line.

I nodded in understanding. "How many guards did you hire?"

"I double the guards at Kim Corp. Some are wearing suits, but some are civilians acting like they are staff there. Lisa had ten guards that would be following her around." Dad answered, which made Lili frown a bit.

"Isn't that too much?" Lili asked him.

Dad shook his head. "Lalisa, we are worried about you, and we don't want something like this to happen again. Having one to three guards is still not safe, so I hired ten, but don't worry, they are following you from afar."

"Don't worry, sweetie, these guards don't look like guards. They are like Suga, so they won't look suspicious to others." Mom added, and Lili just nodded in understanding.

"I already kept a heads up on your friends and their parents to give them security as well since they might kidnap them to use against us." Grandpa told us, and he looked at us with sympathy. "You two take a rest first. I know you are both tired. Don't stress yourselves with this matter; we will get through this."

"Let's go, Lili." We held each other's hands and went to our bedroom.

We took a shower. She took the first shower, and I was the last one to take a shower. I am still drying my hair. She looks like she fell asleep since she doesn't move at all.

I finished drying my hair, and I lay beside her. I faced her, and then I caressed her face. She sighed in contentment. She looks so tired that she fell asleep right after she laid here on the bed.

"Goodnight Lili." I kissed her forehead, then I hugged her and drifted off to sleep.

•••

UNKNOWN

"They got caught by the police." My secretary informed me.

"Better hire new workers, and we will make another plan."

"I will go find more. I'll be leaving now."

I clenched my palm into my fist, getting annoyed about what happened. This plan was supposed to work, but it didn't.

Why didn't they do their work properly?

She is only a girl, and all the men that I hired are bulky and fit, so they can easily kidnap her.