CHAPTER 56: MILLIONAIRE

JENNIE

The moment I woke up, I noticed Lili was no longer by my side

The moment I woke up, I noticed Lili was no longer by my side. I looked for her in the bathroom but she was not there. 

I did my morning routine in a hurry before I went downstairs, and then I saw my mom, dad, and grandpa talking on their phones.

"What's with them?" I mumbled, and I sat on the couch watching them. Then I saw my mom drop the call. "What's going on, Mom?"

"Oh, it's about the last time you ditched the meeting." Mom answered, looking a bit annoyed.

"When Lili almost got kidnapped?" I raised an eyebrow, and she nodded.

"Don't worry, we have already fixed it." She reassured me, which made me nod in understanding.

"Mom, where is Lili?" I asked.

"At the kitchen." She pointed, then continued scrolling at her phone.

I went to the kitchen to find Lili looking like she was baking something.She had flour on her face and her apron.

She looked adorable.

I secretly went behind her, then I back hugged her, which made her flinch, but she relaxed when she recognized me.

"Good morning, Nini. Did you sleep well?" She asked while beating some eggs.

"Mmh, but I didn't wake up well."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"You are not there to give me a morning kiss." She turned around to face me, then I puckered my lips, asking for kisses.

"You're so cute, Nini." She said, pecking my lips and nose three times, which made me smile instantly.

I peeked over her shoulder to see what she was doing. "What are you doing?"

"Baking a cake." She answered, and she went back to what she was doing.

"What for?" I stood beside her and watched her bake a cake.

"For Chaeyoung." I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her questionably.

"Why? Hasn't her birthday passed already?" I asked, thinking about Rosie's birthday.

"She wanted to eat a cake that I made. I told her I didn't know how, and she said I could follow the recipe." She simply said, making me feel a bit jealous.

"Is she your girlfriend or what?" I raised my left eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"My sister." 

"Tsk sister, my ass, you baked a cake for her, but you didn't do that for me." I told her, making sure I sound jealous so she would know.

"Are you jealous?" she inquired.

"Yes, I am. How can I not be jealous when my girlfriend bakes a cake for her so-called sister but she hasn't done it for her girlfriend?"