CHAPTER 26: FAMILY PLANNING

LALISA

We are at Kim's mansion; Nini refused to let me leave our room, claiming she needs a full explanation of what happened the night before

"Lili, now explain." She crossed her hands and legs. She is sitting on the couch while I'm standing in front of her.

"I went to see Chaeng because she texted me yesterday that she was invited to the dinner last night. I went to her university to fetch and talk to her. I kinda told her about Kai so she had an idea what might happen last night. We planned to let Kai insult us, then, in exchange, we would drop a bomb. Jeongyeon, a friend of mine from the cafe, helped us to get some information about Kai's family business, and since Rosie is the daughter of the owner of a law firm, they also helped us. That's how we learned about their illegal doings. We investigated them." I told her the story.

"How about the investor thing?" She raises one eyebrow.

"I know you already know that the Parks are rich and powerful too, since they are one of your company partners. They also invested in their company, and they also had the biggest investment in Kai's family business, which made them one of the biggest investors," I explained to her.

"How about your investment?"

"Oh! Actually, that money is Halmeonis'. She left us her bank accounts. Her accounts are kind of big, and then Bambam-oppa and I invested in some companies, so Halmeoni's money will not go to waste; instead, it will grow more."

"Why did you name it L.M.?"

"I don't want my real name to be involved in business matters."

"But why are you still working if you have made an investment?"

"For my needs and wants."

"Huh?"

"It is Halmeoni's money and not mine. I just make it grow and that's it. I don't want to depend on her money."

"Did you know that Halmeoni left that for the two of you, right?" I nodded in understanding. "So why don't you want to spend it? It's for the two of you."

"You could say it's my sinking fund. I will only spend it if, in case of an emergency, that is the only purpose of that money. I don't want to use it for my own needs and wants if I can earn it by myself."

"Come here, Lili." I went near her, and she pulled me to sit in her lap. I was facing her, and I was straddling her lap. It is such an embarrassing position. "Why are you so independent, my Lili?"

"Because I want to learn how to stand on my own two feet without depending on and accepting help from others."

"You make me fall harder for you, Lili." She pecked my lips and smiled at me. "What should we do today?"

"You have work today, Nini. Don't try to ditch it because of me. You should manage your time."

"Lili, it is still early. Why are you scolding me? Also, I'm the boss, so I can do whatever I want."