CHAPTER 47: THREAT

JENNIE

"Lili, you will not go anywhere without me." I told her firmly, and I heard her murmur something under her breath.

"Until when are we going to argue with this?" she asked me, looking so done with my spoiled attitude.

"Until you listen and obey me." I stared directly into her eyes.

"I'm your girlfriend, Nini, not your employee." she stated, which made me almost groan.

"You are my girlfriend, and I have the right now to let you go or not." I rebutted.

"What am I going to do here at your office? You are not even letting me go to Jin Oppa's office."

"What are you going to do at his office? Stop disturbing my employee, Lili. Do you hate being here with me in my office? Is that why you want to go to his office? Or are you getting bored with me?"

She slumped her body on the couch, and I knew she was pouting.

"Why are you not answering my question?" I inquired.

"Nini, you are a busy person, and I do not want to disturb you from working since you have big responsibilities. Your parents and grandfather trusted you with the whole Kim Empire because they knew about your abilities and capabilities. I love spending time with you, Nini, and I love watching you work. I will never get bored with you, Nini. I'm just asking permission to help Rosie on their foundation day because she badly needed help since her course doesn't have a lot of students." She walked near me and stood in front of my table.

"Rosie or I?" I asked her, and she frowned. "Which one do you love the most? Rosie or I?"

"What are you talking about? Why are you making me choose between you two?"

"Just answer it."

"I love you both, okay? The love for the two of you is different. I love her as a friend and a not-blood-related sister, while my love for you, Nini, is romantic. I love you as a girlfriend, a fiancee, and I see you as my wife in the future. Don't make me choose which I love the most between you two, if in the first place, my love for you two is different."

"Why don't you just choose?"

"It is hard. I will ask you the same question then: me or your whole family and friends?"

"You." I answered without hesitation, which made her sighed and massage her scalp.

"You know what? Just forget it. I'm not going anywhere." I grinned, and she sighed defeatedly.

"Come here, Lili." I motioned for her to come to me, and she followed me. I got up from my seat and asked her to sit in mine instead.

"I can sit on the couch, though." she said, but I shook my head.

She sat in my seat and looked for my next move. I sat on her lap, which made her freeze.

"Hold me, Lili." She hesitantly wrapped her arms around my waist. "You can touch my tummy if you want."