Lost In History | 15

I don't own Fire Emblem.

TW: There is a scene that has a lot of similarities to a panic attack, as well as unhealthy guilt.

Short recap because it's been months: The gang infiltrated the wedding to finish off Octavius and spotted the Book in his pockets, only to get ambushed by Octavius' hired mercenaries. Octavius is a dramatic idiot as always, poor Odelle needs to breathe, the team holds one brain cell and it's Acadia's, and Diana has another midlife crisis. What else is new for TSP, am I right?

...

Falchion settled at the base of Octavius's throat. On the other end of the sword, Chrom, who had been motionless and staring at the scene, was glaring at him with such anger that Odelle couldn't even recognize him.

"Not another move," Chrom said, shifting to stand next to his ex-wife. "Or I will cut you down."

Standing in the middle of a battlefield, dressed in the most exquisite wedding gown ever made in history, Odelle felt the world collapse around her in hellfire and ruin.

...

Margaret wasn't the fastest runner. In fact, she had barely gotten used to life as a sniper, much less a warrior - her training with a crossbow had started off as a gag between her and Diana that had escalated farther than she would have thought.

But when the adrenaline kicked in, Margaret could sprint far and wide without taking a break for a little breath.

She ignored the clamorous fight behind her and ran forward, pushing past the guards and somersaulting through the doors of the ballroom, only to be met with utter mayhem. The people were screaming as they ran around, trying to find a path to escape through the multiple entrances of the ballroom, and the screeching sound of intense battle filled her ears.

Margaret bit back a sigh and looked around. There were so many flying colors that she couldn't tell who was who. But beyond the sea of hellfire and chaos she spotted a speck of white.

Only one person would be wearing white on this day. Margaret held her breath for a moment before she let it go and started shoving her way through the crowd, making sure to be careful not to hurl her crossbow into other panicked guests.

When she made it across, it took her exactly five seconds to assess what was going on.

Chrom, holding a blade in front of Octavius.

Robin, standing there, an open tome in her hand.

Octavius, looking stunned and panicked.

And Odelle. Poor, sweet Odelle, looking horrified and as lost as can be.

Amongst the tense atmosphere, she was the first to notice Margaret. The former heiress didn't know how Odelle managed to express her emotions so vividly, but she looked even more horrified when she spotted Margaret.

Odelle's mouth opened, and then shut. Margaret stared at her for a moment before she turned to glance at the other three.

His daughter's silence did not prevent Octavius from noticing her. His expression darkened further. "I knew you were a rebel bitch," he growled.

In response, she immediately aimed the crossbow at him, finger settling on the trigger. "Spare me the dramatics, old man," she said, lowering the arrow to his heart. "I don't need your shitty words about how I'm a rebel when I'm only doing the right thing."

"How dare you speak so-"

"Shut up," Chrom said. Falchion pressed closer to Octavius's throat, and the councilor followed his order immediately. Odelle made a strangled sound.