Chapter Six

I don't own Fire Emblem.

Cecelia above. I don't own the picture.

...

With one glance, they quickly passed the message.

Diana was often around Chrom and Robin, which meant that she'll be encountering the three ladies often during the course of the four weeks. If she kept this up...

This was going to be an interesting month.

...

And much to their entertainment, they were right.

Diana tried to be on polite terms with Margaret, but the lady would have none of it, often sprouting harsh remarks when she thought that no one would hear. Chrom and Robin were furious, no doubt, and Lissa was going to charge at her if Diana hadn't held her back. Frederick even offered to talk to Macentos to change his mind about Margaret, but Diana waved it off.

"I can manage," the princess reassured him. "She's here for Chrom, and has no business for me. Frankly, it would be rude to send her back because she had done nothing wrong about her job."

Frederick only sighed, but obliged to the sorceress's answers.

Lucy shut herself in the library after Chrom had given her a tour of the palace, and he barely saw her. Cecelia was quite enthusiastic during the trip, gawking at every amazing thing that Chrom showed her. Diana had to hold a smile – despite the situation and what was at risk, she had to admit Cecelia was her favorite suitor.

It was the third day after the ball – today Chrom would show Margaret around the palace for the final stage before the official courting.

And he wasn't looking forward to it.

Chrom sighed as he fiddled with his armor, Robin surrounding him and making sure that his clothes were set in a royal manner. "I don't want to do this," he groaned. "I rather spend time with Lucy in the library, and you know how much I hate it, Robin!"

Robin felt her heart being torn slightly at the thought of Chrom spending his time with another woman besides Diana and Lissa, but she chuckled. "Just act like a gentleman," she assured him. "You know she's only negative around us, especially Diana, because we're 'unladylike'."

"What does she have against woman warriors?"

Robin shrugged and gave Chrom a half smile. "I don't know. Maybe she was raised to think that way."

"I hate this." Chrom ran his hands through his hair. "I don't want to do this courtship anymore!"

"Do you think I wanted to do this?" Robin put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it lightly. "You've fought battles, you've protected us, and yet you're so scared of this?"

"But I'm already in love with someone else!"

Robin froze at those words, her mouth drifting open. If her heart wasn't torn before, it was now completely shattered.

She knew that it was impossible. She knew as soon as she developed feelings for him.

Chrom was in love with someone else.

And it wasn't her.

Chrom looked at his tactician with worry and fear. He didn't know why he blurted it out. His tactician was smart – would he know that he was talking about her? He was afraid that it would ruin their friendship, what they had.

Robin pressed her lips into a tight line. "Just one month, and you'll be fine." She gave him a halfhearted smile and quickly exited the room. 

"Robin, wait!"