Twisted Fates | 17

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

But eventually she surrendered to it. She slipped into a dreamless sleep...

...or at least she thought it was a dreamless sleep. Suddenly, she was in Naga's Palace, with the divine dragon staring at her with a solemn gaze.

"My child. You have suffered so much."

...

Two days and three hours since the disappearance of Diana Celeste (Anastasia)

"Naga? I...I'm sorry. I screwed everything up. Anankos knows everything. I have failed you."

"Hush now, child." Naga held up a hand, silencing Diana's protests. "It is not your fault. Our perpetrator was smarter than we had anticipated. It was only a matter of time before he knew who you were. But you were smart to chase him away and lure him from his real target."

"I feel ashamed," Diana murmured, wringing her hands together tightly. "I still should have done better."

Naga shook her head. "You did the best you could. And now is not the time to lament on any mistakes you have made in the past. We need to discuss the matters of your escape."

Diana straightened up, biting her lip. "Very well, my lady. What can I do? I don't know how many days I've been locked up in that prison, but I can't seem to do anything. The attack has still left me weak."

"You will recover your physical strength in a matter of a few more days, so do not worry about that," Naga nodded. "However, there is the matter with your magic. He has gotten his hands on anti-magic cuffs, and although I do not know how he has attained them, we know very well that hope is diminished for you in escape on your own."

"Then what can I do?"

Naga pursed her lips. "Nothing much for now. How do you feel?"

"My whole body is still sore, I suppose," Diana shrugged. "Although the only thing I can move freely at the moment is my head. Nothing much for anything else."

Nodding, the dragon let out a sigh. "Very well. I do not think you can escape without help."

"Thought so, but still, it's quite a shame."

"Sometimes we are caught up in the moments of weakness. We cannot fight for ourselves all the time." Naga smiled gently at her. "I will send someone for you, so do not worry."

Diana furrowed her brow. "But...are you sure they'll be okay? I'm quite trapped in Anankos's castle. Will they be able to find their way?"

"They have been there before and will know how to navigate their way through the area. I will send a message to the person. Do not worry. They will be on their way with potions and food to regain your strength once you are out of there."

Diana heaved a breath in relief. She had a feeling she knew who was coming for her. "Thank you, milady."

"Still, I do have a task for you," Naga held up a hand. "You must break the anti-magic resistant chains yourself. Your rescuer will not be able to do it for you."

"But how will I be able to do that?" Diana looked up at Naga with a look of defeat. "I most certainly cannot use my magic, and I do not have the strength to bash it against the iron bars of the cage."

Naga chuckled, as if amused at her predicament. Diana raised an eyebrow at that, but kept her mouth shut as Naga continued, "Well, you certainly have a good source of power by your side, correct?"