Dark Heart | 8

I don't own Fire Emblem.

Insanity continues! Have fun with this one :D

...

She was more concerned about the Olivia doppelganger than the Gaius one - after all, Lucina didn't seem all sunshine and rainbows when she had venomously threatened him back in the armory. The Olivia doppelganger had either left the scene, or she had been so swarmed in the masses of Shepherds fighting each other that Margaret couldn't pick her out. Even from being on the top of the armory.

Margaret peered over her crossbow, and spotted Inigo running through the crowd with his sword in his hand. The heiress cursed when she realized that Inigo wasn't with his fake mother, but rather Stahl. Margaret's blue eyes followed the men, trying to find out if he wore the Black Label or not.

Stahl seemed to be clear, and Margaret turned her sights onto another. She silently blessed Diana for teaching her how to spy from a distance. Now, she just needed to focus and help as much as she could to win this battle.

...

When Robin and Chrom burst open the doors to the throne room, they found the dreaded yet expected sight before them.

The king, a face that was a replica of Chrom's, had been slouched on the Exalt's throne, but sat straighter when he saw the two that had entered. The clothes he wore were decorated with golden sashes and linen, a fur coat draped around his shoulders (Robin honestly had to bit her tongue from laughing because it did remind her of a funny situation Diana had described), but what stood out the most was his posture.

An assertive posture, one that claimed everything it touched.

Robin was not letting him lay a single hand on Ylisse.

"My, my," he drawled, and Robin shivered to realize that he sounded like Chrom too. "It seems that you have found me in this maze. I must say, this palace does look remarkably like mine. It's fascinating."

"Then go back to your own damn palace and leave ours alone," Robin snapped.

The other Chrom raised a finger. If he was offended, he didn't show it. "Ah! You know what they say, finders keepers. And I find your kingdom and your palace quite...desirable."

"You're malicious," Chrom snarled. "I don't know how we share the same face, but that's all we have in common, you villain."

"I am no villain. I prefer the term 'conqueror'." The king laughed, almost as if he was at a feast reminiscing with friends. He stood up, stretching a little, and grabbed his sword. Robin noticed it wasn't the Falchion, and peering closer, she realized that Raven was right - on his arm, where Chrom's Brand would usually lie, there were bandages wrapping around it tightly.

So she guessed that this man really had been rejected by Naga. She couldn't blame the dragon goddess - this man was crazy.

"Let me introduce myself, shall I? I am Emperor Chrom of the Ylissean Empire, the Conqueror, the Devil among men. And I am here to claim what I see, and that is your kingdom. But I see that you're not quite shocked to see my face among yours, other me. And wife." He sent a look at Robin, who shot him a disgusted look in return.

Robin glared at him. "Sorry, but I like my own husband better than your fancy titles. And it isn't quite hard to figure out what the hell is going on when you've been so utterly stupid in your planning. We've had you and your goals covered quite soon."

"Feisty," the king chuckled. "Although I cannot comprehend the fact that I am married to you, out of all people, in this world, it is quite a fascinating concept. I'm intrigued."