Chapter Fifteen

I don't own Fire Emblem (gonna double down on this one because I'm paranoid and scared of copyright).

...

After taking a hot bath and changing her clothes, she sat down back at her desk, where her letter was still unfinished and waiting.

She picked up the pen.

Sorry for the abrupt ending over there. Mother went into labor, and Aunt Lissa dragged me over to help. Let's just say that you're a very stubborn child.

...

A couple of months later, it was already past the two year anniversary since the battle of Mad King Gangrel. Everything was slowly going back to normal.

Well, unless you count in a certain blue haired baby that is currently wailing from the nursery.

Diana picked up her pace, her white skirts brushing her legs plenty of times as she ran towards the intended room. Bursting into the room, she picked up the crying child and soothed her.

"Aww, Luci, are you lonely?" She rocked the child back and forth, the child's cries ceasing and giggles erupted from her mouth. Diana chuckled. "It's okay...you will never be lonely...ever. I'll guarantee it, and so will my sister."

It's a bit weird to say she's going to be protecting her own future, but then again, I'm rocking the baby version of my sister in my arms.

As Lucina started to fall asleep again, Robin entered the nursery, her face flushed. "Is everything okay? I heard Lucina cry."

Diana shook her head, glancing at her sleeping sister in her arms. "She's fine now, Robin, no need to worry. She was just a little lonely, I guess."

Robin blew a strand of hair out of her face. "You're our savior, Diana."

"No need for that," Diana shook her head. "I'm only taking care of my si-" She cut herself off, but before she could fix her statement, Lissa burst through the nursery doors.

"There you two are!" She took a moment to breathe. "You've got to come to the throne room!"

Robin and Diana looked at each other before heading out, Diana at a much slower pace as she held Lucina.

...

"Sire, a messenger from Regna Ferox!"

Chrom looked up, surprised. "See them at once," he commanded immediately. Ferox? Has something happened?

"Yes milord." The soldier bowed and left. A few minutes later, Raimi showed up, donned in her armor. "Prince Chrom, I come on behalf of Khan Regnant Flavia."

His eyes widened. He had not been expecting this outcome. "Flavia? Well, this is a surprise. Is something amiss?"

Raimi sighed, nodding. "I fear so milord. The khan requests your presence at a summit as soon as you're able."

Chrom perked an eyebrow. "What's happened?"

"Our western neighbors of Valm are no longer acting so neighborly. The emperor, who they name the Conqueror, has launched warships against us."

"An invasion? Are you certain of this?"

"Yes milord. The khan hopes to meet with you in Ferox, if it pleases you."

Frederick turned to Chrom. "What do you make of this, sire?"

Chrom sighed. "Ill business to be sure. Raimi, we will meet with Flavia at once..."

...

Robin and Diana listened closely to Lissa as she ushered them both to the throne room. Diana paled once she got the situation into grasp.