Chapter Eight

Margaret above. I don't own the picture.

I don't own Fire Emblem either.

...

Lissa crossed her arms, a fake look of disappointment on her face. "Oh, fiiiiiine."

Diana laughed, and brushed her fingers over the glove covering the Mark. She bit her lip.

How would Robin and Chrom, along with many others, react to her actually being their daughter?

...

"Any news?" Lissa and Maribelle leaned over Diana's shoulder as she read the letter from Lucy.

Sighing, Diana shook her head as she set down the letter. "None. My goodness, she's good at staying discrete."

"It's been two months already and still no sign of Robin." Lissa collapsed on the hotel bed and sighed. "Chrom is worried sick. None of the search parties even give a sign that they have seen Robin."

"She is a tactician, after all." Diana offered, stacking all the letters. "She might have predicted our movements. It's possible."

It was now June, the start of summer coming in a week or so. Macentos was still fuming with rage as he tried to keep the process of the search to an end, but Diana's father was very...defiant. Chrom absolutely refused to even think about ending the search.

Lucy and Cecelia kept their word and helped out as much as they could, but even with their strained efforts, they couldn't find her.

Anywhere.

And when I say anywhere, I MEAN ANYWHERE.

They had even alerted Khan Basilio and Flavia, but they still couldn't find her.

As for Margaret, she had been quiet until this whole entire time. Diana wondered what was up with her. Surely she must disapprove of these actions the same way Macentos does?

No time to think about that, Diana thought to herself as she began a new letter to Lucina. I have to find Mother before July.

Why July?

It was the month of Chrom and Robin's wedding.

And they were less than a month away.

If she didn't fix this...it would be possible that they would never exist.

That was the catch of coming back into the past. If they managed to change the future for the better and defeat Grima, they would still exist because their future would officially become a paradox, and they would also be stuck in the past, making any negative effects on the future not apply to them on any terms. But...

If something happened to their parents, anything...they would cease to exist.

Diana didn't know why this was the case. It was what Naga said, and her eyes had seemed to train on Diana's the most. It was strange.

Shaking her head, Diana continued to flip through the letters.

...

Chrom glanced around the village, Frederick and Sumia flanking either side of him. They were in Southtown, and this was the fifth search of the town they had endured in the past two months. He couldn't count on how many other searches that he had done in the past two months in the other villages.

"Naga dammit Robin," he muttered. "Just where are you?"

Chrom's hope was beginning to thin out one by one.