Dark Heart | 10

I don't own Fire Emblem.

Minor language warning...again lol.

...

"Oh shut it," Diana snapped. "You already know you lost, and yet you even want to engage in a battle with us? How arrogant can you get, Emperor?"

"I have told you many times, Chrom," Acadia said with a flat yet enhanced voice, not even bothering with honorifics, "that your ambition will lead to your ruin. And this, Chrom, this isn't even the main example of your foolish ideals. So fine."

She waved a hand, and the bronze sword came flying right back into the king's hands. "If it takes a losing battle against two women much more powerful than you to humble you into accepting your losses, then so be it. But be warned, sire...if you were so afraid of my magic the entirety of your rule, what makes you think you could stand against two of us?"

...

The king sneered at the two, holding up his sword. "I am Emperor Chrom the conqueror! You will die before my blade! Never will you be able to defeat me!"

"Nice last words," was Diana's reply. "Your attempt to intimidate us is hilarious, honestly."

Acadia's was as amusing. "Your stupidity never seems to die, that's for sure."

Chrom's head was spinning as he tried to access what the situation was. His daughter was working with Acadia for a long time? Acadia wanted to betray her own liege? What was going on?

As if reading his mind, Diana turned to him with a sweet smile gracing her face. "I'd hold the curiosity until this battle is over, Father. Trust me. I'll explain everything."

"F-Father?" The king sputtered, but nobody turned to look at him.

"Being quite blunt about the heritage, huh?" Acadia asked with an amused glance to the other sorceress.

Diana shrugged. "Who's he's going to blabber to? The mice in the dungeon that he's going to be rotting in after this?" Turning back to Chrom, she nodded. "I'll be right back."

Chrom turned to look at Robin, who, with steely eyes, nodded in confirmation. Taking a deep breath, he knew that his fight was, for now, over.

"Take over and get out of this alive."

"Easy promise, Father," Diana chuckled.

Acadia raised a finger. "But first...Your Majesties," she said, turning to Robin and Chrom, "I'd like to apologize for the damage I'm going to cast into your palace structure. I promise I'll get it repaired soon."

Robin blinked. "Wait, what?"

Acadia didn't reply. Instead, a red glow, something that Chrom had never seen before, suddenly formed into the palm of her hand. Without warning, she launched it into the air, sending it crashing into the roof and flying over their heads.

...

What...the hell was going on?

Margaret could barely believe the scene in front of her. Minutes ago she had thought that they were severely outnumbered...but suddenly, it was as if something had clicked. There was a sudden flare from the palace, a red flare of light that exploded in the air, and then it was as if all of a sudden a candle had been lit into the barracks.

There was confusion over what the light was, but she had no time to think about that as she suddenly witnessed something unbelievable. The mass of enemy Pegasus Knights in the center of the battle, which originally had been battling what Margaret could make out as their version of the Shepherds...were all of a sudden turning on their own allies.