Prologue

"No, I absolutely forbid it!"

Princess Lucina of Ylisse, under the alias of "Marth", glared at the younger girl sitting before her. The holy sword Falchion was slung at her waist, her blue hair accompanied by a golden tiara, wearing blue armor similar to the man she has adopted the name of, she was gorgeous and at a young age of 19.

The younger girl raised an eyebrow. "Then what do you suggest?"

"I suggest you lay low and stay where I told you!"

"And what help is that going to be?" She snapped back. Her loose black curls, skimmed with a bit of white highlights at the tips, flew past her shoulders as she leaned forward, her brown eyes glinting dangerously. The Brand of the Exalt shone proudly on the back of her right hand. She was beautiful, so beautiful men would travel from land to land to court her, though she was only at the age of 17. "I didn't come back from the future with you just to sit around and do nothing! I have magic, you know! I can protect myself!"

Lucina wrung her hands through her blue hair as she paced around the room. The visit to her sister's temporary home was not going as she expected. After going to the past, she had placed her only sister in a nearby cabin in one of the villages, to keep her safe. Apparently after half a year since they traveled back, her sister had finally snapped.

She bit her lip, and glanced at the girl, who was sitting cross legged on the bed. She was wearing black symmetrical tie on skirt, a white halter top decorated with golden designs, black high knee boots and unattached white silk bell sleeves. A silver circlet was placed on her head.

It had been a long time since Lucina had seen her sister wear something other than her battle armor, which was hanging nearby in a wooden closet. Her sister caught her glancing at it and sighed, blowing her bangs out of her face. "I'm more accustomed to freely dressed battle attire like this," she gestured toward the outfit she was currently wearing. "Battle armor is a bit heavy for me, but I do tend to switch out once and a while."

"Stop trying to change the subject." Lucina shook her head and turned back to her sister. "I can't let you go. There are too many risks."

The younger girl pressed her lips together. "Luci, I know that it's a bit dangerous..."

"Of course it is! What were you thinking, suggesting that you go sauntering off to the Shepherds?"

"My point is, I could keep a closer eye on them!" The girl leaped and locked eyes with her sister. "Remember what Naga told us? Even small changes could alternate who ends up with whom. If we're not careful and if someone isn't there to fix a mistake if it happens, hell, one of us could cease to exist!"

She wasn't just talking about the two of them. She was also referring to their friends, the other future children that unfortunately had become separated from the duo once the crossed the portal of time. Hell, if Lucina hadn't found her sister wondering through the forest who knows when they would meet again. Lucina's mind swirled at the different possibilities but pushed them back.

One of those people who disappeared also happened to be their little brother Morgan. He was only 14. They were both worried sick.

Lucina sighed, collapsing on a chair. Her sister also settled for the bed, her face a delicate shade of red.

"I know that it's hard to think about this," her sister said quietly. "But just imagine – what if Mother and Father somehow never end up together? I've been hearing rumors of women lining up to compete for his hand in marriage, and that Mother had a part in this. If they don't get together, then we wouldn't exist, or more importantly, you wouldn't exist. Also, if this happened, who knows what else would be altered? None of our friends might exist anymore. No one will be able to prevent Grima's resurrection."