Chapter Three

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Robin and Chrom exchanged glances, a silent conversation going back and forth between them, before the white haired woman turned back to Diana. "Join the Shepherds. Help our ranks."

Diana blinked.

A moment passed in silence. Then Diana nodded. "I will."

...

"This is unacceptable!"

"Milord, we must not submit to this preposterous ally!"

"She can be dangerous! A spy!"

"I absolutely refuse to oblige to these demands!"

Chrom ran a hand through his blue hair as the council room blew up, yelling and screaming insults directly at a raven haired beauty sitting in the middle of the interrogation table. Robin was at his right, massaging her temples. Lissa clutched her left arm, looking worried.

As the very subject of the chaos, Diana didn't even flinch. She just smiled meekly at all the advisors screaming at her face.

Let's rewind back to a few day earlier.

After Diana's agreement to joining the Shepherds, the couple decided to return back to the palace and returned the next day to pick up the princess, so they could introduce her to the Shepherds. Once she was brought to the barracks, she hit off with Lissa and Maribelle immediately, Lissa because of their equally shared love of teasing and pranking (this brought back some bittersweet memories for Diana, for some of her fondest times in the palace were pranking her family with her favorite aunt), and Maribelle, because of her approval of Diana's elegance and capability to fight.

Frederick was a bit wary of her (but he is called Frederick the Wary, so Diana believed that she had no reason to fret), but on the other hand, all the other Shepherds were very kind. They helped her get settled in into her new room in the barracks, which Diana quickly appreciated. It took her some time to get used to her surroundings, not just the actual background, but how young everyone was. She also caught Lissa sneaking long lasting glances at Lon'qu when she thought no one was watching.

Ah, yes, she had forgotten that Uncle Lon'qu had not confessed his love with Aunt Lissa until quite a while in Robin's pregnancy with Lucina.

Diana had also kept track of who had become official already, as soon as she stepped into the barracks. From the looks of it, Stahl and Olivia were already engaged, preparing to be married next month as soon as Olivia returned from Rosanne. Gaius and Cordelia had entered a tentative courtship but had not come intimate with each other yet. Frederick and Sumia were quite comfortable with each other but Diana suspected that they had not gotten together yet. Maribelle and Donnel have become quite friendly with one another, and Diana assumed it won't be long before those two became an item. Sully was still trying to find Kellam, so Diana confirmed that they were only on stage one. Virion and Cherche were back at Rosanne, so Diana could not determine if they were together or not yet. Diana also wondered what Tharja and Henry were at, but remembered that they hadn't met yet. Nowi and Ricken were already together, but neither had proposed the idea of marriage yet. Libra and Miriel's interactions were...interesting. It also looked like Panne and Gregor were together as well.

And Vaike...Vaike stayed single...right?

Honestly she didn't remember.

But she was glad that she had gotten a grip on what she could damage if she wasn't careful.

Alright, now you might be wondering – if Diana was so easily adjusting toward the barracks, why the hell was she in a courtroom with multiple council members screaming in her face?