Chapter Two

I don't own Fire Emblem.       

...

"My name is Diana," she said, then lowered her voice so only Chrom and Robin could hear. "I'm Marth's sister. I'm sure you remember her, don't you?"

Diana struggled not to laugh at their expressions.

...

Diana fidgeted with her silk skirt as her past parents stared at her. It was so strange to not have them recognize her, but she had to deal with it. She didn't exist in this timeline yet. Now that she thought about it, at this time, Robin and Chrom haven't even confessed yet!

It made it so hard for her to look at them in the eye, but she did so. Years of fighting for her life had rallied up much more courage than five years ago.

It was a few hours after the attack, and they were back at her inn room. Chrom and Robin immediately demanded to talk to her, but they couldn't talk in public. After they helped reorganize everything the bandits had trashed before determining that the villagers were alright on their own, they made their way toward Diana's temporary room. Once they had gotten comfortable, silence overtook them as they stared at the princess.

Diana bit her lip, a nervous habit that she had adapted when she was younger. "Do you have anything to ask?" She asked nervously as her parents cast her incredulous looks.

"We have nowhere to begin." Chrom groaned. "Maybe start with who you are and what you're doing in Ylisse?" Robin suggested.

Diana gave them a meek smile. "Well...I can't really say much. My name is Diana. I'm Marth's sister. I'm travelling around the world for a bit."

"I don't think that's the whole reason you're here," Robin commented. "Mind telling us?"

"What makes you assume I'm not telling the whole truth?" Diana tested.

"Well, you keep playing with your gloves, or more precisely, you're wringing your hands together often. You can slip by a mere stranger's eye, but if one were to observe closely, it can be your identified habit when you're trying to beat around the bush. You're reliable at avoiding the truth but a bit loose when it comes to lying," Robin pointed out.

Diana stared at her. Sure, she may be her mother, but technically, Robin had just met Diana in less than twenty four hours, and had already discovered her habits. Her mother was very observant.

Chrom looked at Robin in amazement. His tactician was amazing – he couldn't help but feel a sense of pride welling up in his chest.

Diana sighed. "While I wish that I can tell you the whole truth and everything –" She wasn't lying, she really did! "-I can't."

"Why not?" Chrom pressed. "What's so important about you and your sister that you have to hide from us?" Diana cringed at his tone and realized that his tone was getting impatient.

"It's dangerous information, and not needed at this time," she said, getting up and walking at the window, gazing outside. "I assure you that I want nothing more than to explain everything. But my role, along with my sister's, cannot be shared out for the time being. Not even with the Exalt."

She turned back to the couple, who were gaping at the raven haired princess. "What about her sword and her fighting techniques?" Chrom continued to question. "Why does Marth's strategies and weapon the same exact copy as mine?" He held up his Falchion, the point facing down. "It's impossible for there to be a copy of this sword. It's the Holy Falchion, designed by Naga herself. So how could Marth have a replica of my sword?"