The Future Past | 7

I don't own Fire Emblem.

It's the final battle. Or, as I'd like to call it more accurately, Avengers Endgame, but with the Fire Emblem characters.

...

In front of her specifically was a person she hadn't seen in two years. The person she had buried herself. The very familiar figure of her beloved sister.

She had a silver sword with a hilt of gold lashed out in front, the blade having remnants of dark matter as if she had just hit the oncoming strike that had threatened Lucina's life. Lucina couldn't see her face, but her figure was fierce, sharp, and dangerous.

"Oh, would you look at that?" Diana Celeste remarked, brandishing her sword to cover Lucina. Her voice was like a melody - older, yet still painfully familiar. "It's that bastard who I really freaking hate. Now, why don't you step the hell away from Lucina before I make you do it?"

...

The atmosphere was the exact same as the one from when she was eighteen.

Cold, dark, tense, and dangerous. The feeling of Grima's wrath against her skin, prickling her goosebumps. The freezing air that bit against her confidence, taunting her for her choices. The terrifying aura of the dragon that had taken away her family.

But this time, rather than being scared, she was ready. This time, Diana was going to show Grima the consequences of messing with her family.

"Is everyone ready?" She heard her father call out. "This will be our final battle here."

"Damn straight I am," Diana muttered to herself. She shook the Kyuseishu to rid itself of the dark matter, and thankfully the blade wasn't too damaged from the deflected strike. The moment the transportation spell had faded, she had seen it hurling right at the other Lucina. Diana had moved before everyone had even been teleported.

"This bastard's going to get the battle of his life," she growled.

Sully whistled from among the mass of Shepherds. "Oooooh boy. Diana's mad, everyone. She's gonna go on a warpath."

"That's healthy for the situation," Cordelia laughed.

Turning around, Diana observed the circle that the Shepherds had accidentally created during the teleportation. Smack dab in the middle was the other Lucina, Severa, Gerome, and Laurent, who all looked stunned to the core.

"So we heard that you needed some help!" Diana grinned. "We came here as fast as we could."

Her Lucina snorted from right beside her. "As fast as we could is an understatement. I've never seen Diana more panicked in mass teleporting a whole army." 

Diana jabbed her sister on the side with a laugh.

The other Lucina was stunned. "This can't be..."

Her voice was faltering, and her Falchion was shaking heavily in her hand. Diana looked at her, and was unable to avoid thinking about the horrific tragedy that had befallen on Lucina and her mental health.

"Diana?" The other Lucina croaked. "And...another me?"

Diana instantly softened. There was a fire of protective instincts burning in her chest, seeking to envelop over the other Lucina immediately. If she thought about it, she and her siblings were all older than this Lucina. Even Morgan, at nineteen, was going to turn twenty sometime later this year.

And yet this Lucina had suffered a more terrible fate than all three of them, in the very end.

"How is this possible?" The other Lucina was barely able to speak over a whisper. "You...what...how?"